I deserve some kind of award

Status
Not open for further replies.

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
One of the chores I hate most in the world is painting - as in painting a room, walls and ceiling. Well, I had no job this am and got some energy and ambition from God knows where... and I started painting my youngest daughter's soon-to-be new bedroom. I've had the paint for two months and just couldn't get motivated but something lit a fire under my lazy ass this am and I painted nearly the whole room - walls, that is. Still got to finish two small walls and the ceiling. But I can't believe I did it!!!:ohmy: :smile:

I had to stop after several hours as my carpal tunnel was hurting my hands from holding the brush and roller. I'll try to finish the walls tomorrow and maybe my brother will help me do the ceiling Sunday or MOnday.

So I feel like I should get an award for motivation and action... especially seeing as how I've been procrastinating for two months...:rolleyes:

least

kath

Hey thats great hun!!!!!!Well done!!!!

When i first moved into my place i had to paint it.Put it off for ages and it was so daunting!!!!But actually when i got into it i never wanted to stop and quite enjoyed splashing the pain around lol and did the job with some lol!!!!Only the bedroom to go.....at some point in the future i think......lol!!!!!

Take care
kath

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Well, thanks to my brother and 17 yr old daughter, the room is finished except for the door.:smile: I'm doing it in two colors and have to do the masking tape thing, so it won't be finished for a few days... But other than that, except for the clean up, it's done. Looks great too, I can hardly wait to see it with a nice rug on the floor and her new bed and furniture and such.:smile:

It's not really the painting itself that I hate, it's the preparation and moving things around etc that's the worst.:mad: The easy part of this was that the room was nearly empty - no furniture to be moved out or around, so it was easy - relatively - to throw down a drop cloth and get started. So other than the fancy-painted door, it's done, and she'll be able to move her stuff in end of this week probably. I'm sure she'll love me to death... for a few days, anyway...:dry:

Nice at it looks, and proud of my efforts as I am... I have NO desire to paint any other room in the place, as all of them have too much stuff in them and would require more work than I"m willing to do. It's a good thing I don't care about the 'decor' in my place...:rolleyes:

least picasso-ish of anyone on earth...:rolleyes:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Brother came over yesterday afternoon and did the ceiling, daughter M. did the window and door frames, and I finished the door and all the little bits today, including clean up. All ready to throw down a nice little cheap room size rug and start moving furniture. I've even talked to my mentor - the one who bought the paint, and who pays for my Pdoc visits - and told her I"d like to get Z. a newer computer for in her room. I got her a nice computer/study desk for cheap at a yard sale last summer and having her own computer would help in her studies and all. Her dad is a computer whiz and can find a used one (still would be newer than the 11 yr old Mac they have now) for cheap. The three of us could split the cost, making it affordable, and he could install parental controls and all, so she couldn't visit bad sites and be up all nite on it. And a decent printer can be had for cheap at WalMart, or her dad could find one.

I can't believe I'm all done with that room!!!!! :smile: And it really looks great, it was filthy and ugly before, cause her sister who used to live there smoked in there without using the exhaust fan I gave her and the walls were all brown and nasty. Now they're a beautiful shade of jade, with a sky blue ceiling and sunlight-yellow trim!!:smile: Hooray for me, the world's least-motivated painter!!:rolleyes: :wink:

I can't believe I maintained the energy and ambition THREE DAYS IN A ROW to finish it!:ohmy: ... but boy oh boy do my hands hurt now!:sad:

Well, that's one (of many) items I can cross off of my "to do" list!:wink:

least

PS; I had a bit of help... I found a nice Pinot Grigio wine at the grocery store... called Mommy's Time Out!!!!! It helped, indeed...

1/16/07 new-bedroom-daughter is more greedy and ungrateful than you would believe possible. Went and got her a nice rug, a ceiling lantern, and a desk/study lamp, and all should could do on the way home was bitch about what I didn't get her... God, I can't believe her gall.... Well, if she makes good on her threat to move in with dad in june I'll give her the summer to decide for sure. If she stays there, I'm taking that room for my den. Ungrateful little wretch....:-(

Last edited by a moderator:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I"m feeling excited to say that the bed is being put together, and slept in, tonight.:smile: The room will be fully complete. I envy her the new bedroom, it really looks sharp - I'm especially fond of the color scheme - the green light is like being in a young forest where the light can get thru mostly.:smile: A pale warm green... I"m really excited for her... and I hope her new room will bring forth a new relationship between us and she'll decide to stay with mom...:unsure:

least

J
sounds like a great project! bet you're glad it's done! :laugh:

:hug: now will you come do my room?

Congrats Sooz... you must be chuffed with yourself. :smile: Doing practical things can give you a real sense of satisfaction when they're completed cos you can actually see the difference. Kids are darlings though aren't they?? My eldest niece only really began learning the value of money when she got a paper round... kids really do get too much too easily (or at least my nieces/nephew does), and it doesn't do them any good at all!
Anyway well done.. you've earned a well deserved rest for a wee bit!
Sarah :hug:

theleastofthese

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I am most certainly smiling at the results of my work - the room is beautiful, but am crying and pissed off at my ungrateful, snotty daughter... she is 14 with a vengeance!!!:mad:

Today I started on - and am nearly finished with - her two dressers. Painted the dresser body the same color as the walls, and the drawers the same color as the trim... and she just blew it off... was most ungrateful and hateful... God, I'm glad I'm not 14 again!!!:dry:

least appreciated...:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00