i deserve this but i don't know how to handle it

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by molotov, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

this tax letter says either i come up with 2700 euros by monday or they start taking my stuff.

they don't know that i haven't made more than 500 euros in any of the last 24 months because i haven't filed, i tried but i didn't understand it and i was too ashamed to ask for help, did you know that germany has more tax laws than every other country combined? true facts. i wish my german were better so i could understand them easily. but that's no excuse, there is no excuse for this, i am a tax evader because i was too ashamed to ask my parents for more money, because i am too stupid to find work, because i ignore problems and hope they will go away, because i am a completely non fucking functional human and i wish to god someone would put me out of my misery

when the first angry letter came in october i panicked because i had no idea where i would get that much money. then i just shut down for two months. couldn't, can't do anything. too depressed, too confused. now they want twice as much money, of course, because taxes don't just go away. they're figuring my taxes based on the amount of teaching work i used to have before the finance crisis, when i was making two thousand euro per month instead of three hundred. awesome.

i hate myself so much i cannot put it into words, i wish i wish i wish i were dead, i destroy everything i touch

2. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Hang in there im in aus and going thrgh loosing sht too.Do ya have finacial advisers over there cause i know they can get debt ppl to bck off.And do not hate yourself for this ppl world wide go thrgh finaciale probs hang in there please and dont beat ya self up as taxes and money probs will sort them selfs out sorry im not much help here

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

First things first. Hun you do not destroy everything you touch. You touched me by posting and helping me to hold on. You're words of support and caring did all the right stuff. So now it is my turn to do for you.

I have been having to do my own taxes and finances for years now. I know exactly what you mean about not asking for help. I was too embarrassed to let others know that I didnt know anything about doing those things. So I too put off deadlines.

Take the letters and notices, all of them, and make copies. Then you need to take them to the tax office and talk to someone there. Explain your situation exactly as you explained it here. Even print off a copy of this post if you need to. You need to tell them that there is an error in the amount you make.

I did this and found out that there are services available (atleast here in Canada) that will do your taxes for you free of charge. I have also been using a website to file my taxes since then. It is so straight forward. All you do is fill in the amounts if it applies to you. Save what you have entered and then email it in.

Once you have talked to a representative, they can generally make arrangements for some of of payment plan. Instead of the entire works at once.

There are still many options hun. Dont give up yet. I was terrified. But once I did what I had to, things did work out. Please give it a try. Go down right away and see what can be worked out.

You are a very kind person who cares so much about others. It's time you start caring about you. You're right, taxes dont go away. But if you dont act now, they are going to get much worse. You do have strength and courage!!! I have seen it in the posts you make to help others. So let us help you now. Get those letters together and go down there please.

4. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Okay your post effected me very much...to the point that I wish to contact you in PM if you don't mind...
    Hang in there, please! I just feel for you so much I really do.
    Bambi

5. DS

DS Account Closed

I don't know what to say but,

**HUGS** for you

hang in there... wish things were not so difficult.

6. molotov

molotov Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your kind words. I went into the tax people today.

The good news was they gave me until Monday to gather all the paperwork I need to prove that I am poor as dirt, so I might not have to pay much of anything for 2008 and probably nothing for 2009. And they said they would call the Guys Who Come To Your Door and Take Your TV Away and tell them not to come. For now.

The bad news is that apparently I screwed up 2006 and 2007, too, so they are probably going to charge me more for those than they already have.

The good news is that I picked up all the forms I need and downloaded some programs to help me fill them out.

The bad news is that this shit is all in fucking German and my German is not good enough to open up a drop-down window containing 6500 different phrases like "Erlöse die mit den Durchschnittssätzen des §24 UStG versteuert werden" without having a nervous breakdown. And I only have til Monday to save my stupid ass, so no time to get a tax advisor, so I get to do/redo three years of tax declarations this weekend all by my little self.

The good news is I can probably deduct my medical expenses for ADD since I have to pay those myself, cos according to German insurance ADD magically goes away on your 18th birthday. I just didn't get that memo so I went ahead and kept on being a disorganized airheaded moron who gets into situations like this. All. The. Fucking. Time.

The bad news is my shrink's secretary/wife just told me "we are not tax advisors" and hung up on me so I don't know for sure whether this is true and/or how much of my money they actually have.

I am scared that I am going to end up in prison or losing my work visa or at least with a credit rating so low that I can't even get a goddamn library card. Knowing that I would be getting what I deserved does not really make the idea any less scary.

Back to the grind..

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

You really need to focus on the "good thing" scenarios here. A few posts ago you were readyto lose everything. Now that has atleast been delayed. You now have a starting point to work from so everything isnt so screwed up.

But I do understand your frustration and the "the other shoe has to fall soon" outlook. When every good is countered with a bad it is really hard to keep the slate clean. And you get so frustrated trying to keep on top of the good versas bad that it becomes all time consuming. Throw in that most of it is in a language you arent fluent in and the fireworks really get going.

Listen try and take an hour of you time. When it is all too overwhelming, say to Hell with it, push the clutter to one end of the table and walk away. Take a long hot bath or go for a mind clearing walk. Do anything for an hour that doesnt involve the crap your dealing with. Please give it a try?

You know you've got friends here that will support you emotionally through this. So go ahead hun jump in up to your neck and know that when it starts going over your head, we've got your hand to yank you out!! Good luck with the paper work. I HATE paper work, especially government paper work. I think they were made to see how many citizens they can take out with mind games (lol). Keep plucking away... one paper at a time. You can beat them at their own game that way (lol).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.