I did it…again.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Roxy Halestorm, Jun 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxy Halestorm

Roxy Halestorm New Member

My mum found out about my cuts & burns, told my whole family, and I had to promise to everyone I would stop. It worked for maybe two weeks if that long. Last night I couldn't deal with it anymore and I cut. I stopped cutting my wrist, it's always my hips & thighs now. I take everyone's problems and I want to fix them. But I can't. Which makes me feel worse ontop of low self esteem, being made fun of, not having any /real/ friends, and all the back stabbers. I couldn't take it anymore & I broke down. But, now I feel worse. I lied to everyone including myself. I need so much fucking help…
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

you did good hun to stop for 2 weeks wow hun give yourself some credit ok that took strength Now you start over you know you went 2 weeks do that again hun and more hugs
  3. Jameztb

Jameztb Member

I comepletly understand what you are going through because my mom is always checking my arms and legs, so i moved to my thighs. I haven't Self Harm for a month now which I am very glad about and hopefully i will never do it again. Whenever I have the urge to cut, i usually try to get my mind off of it by watching TV or reading a book. You can also try running up a hill as fast as you can because that causes pain, but it is GOOD pain. It wll also boost your self-esteem up because when you exercise, it makes you feel good about yourself. Stay strong & don't give up! If you have a therapist, you should try visiting him/her more often so you can feel better or you can come here to chat because there are very nice people here..
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Roxy, it's understandable that your family was worried and most likely didn't know what else to do other than you promising the whole family. Perhaps it is now the time to seek professional help with this matter? A good therapist could make all the difference. Also- the fact that you didn't cut for two weeks is awesome, y'know what they say.. when you fall off the horse you get back on :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.