i did it again

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by zoe.2002, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoe.2002

zoe.2002 Member

1o/2-16
    last night i did it again, i took a knife and cut myself. it's like i'm addicted to it but if i don't the voice in my head will just get louder and that's more painful then cutting. my mom and dad don't know that i did it last night and i know that i should tell that i did but i can't. i fell sorry for them that they have to worry about me all the time, i should of gone over to them before i was about to cut myself but they can't take the voice out of my head like the knife does. i try to listen to music but that won't help, i try many things but it wont help. well yea that's just it.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas hun ((big hugs)). Please do tell your mom or dad about what's going on and what you did. In order to get the correct treatment they need to know what you are doing. I'm sorry to hear about the voices, that must be so scary. I have heard voices a few times and they scared the hell out of me, cannot imagine having to live with them all the time. Keep trying more things to distract yourself and keep talking to us and your parents, big hugs <3

3. sofie

sofie Banned Member

((HUGS)) Zoe....this is so hard and learning new coping skills with take time but I hope until you learn those skills you will stop being so hard on yourself and let others know the pain you are in. They may not be able to stop the voices, but they need to know the voices exist and are getting stronger/louder. I wish I could wrap my arms around you and tell you that everything will be okay, but I cannot--just know that so many people are rooting for you to persevere through this and we are here to listen, anytime.

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

*hugs*

I have to agree with Petal, please do try to tell your mother what happened. That way she and other people around you can help you better.
    And please don't feel like you're a bother to your parents, they seem to care a great deal about you and that's amazing! Allow them to care for you.

I don't know if it helps at all, but my best friend has something like what you are experiencing. She's doing really well now because of her family's support, good friends and of course medication and treatment. I won't lie and say it's all easy, but it can be better. There are lots and lots of coping mechanisms to be learned, and if you open up about your problems the correct people can help you get those.

I cope with cutting as well, I have since I was your age, but I do it a lot less now. Some of my coping mechanisms involve distractions, creative outlets such as writing, painting, colouring, crocheting... I have also used the ice cube method and rubber bands when my urges were so, so strong and I was actually severely addicted.

You're always welcome to write to me if you'd like (also if you are more comfortable in writing in what I suppose is our shared language? Not that your english is not good enough!!)

Take care of yourself honey.

zoe.2002 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.