I Did Something Awful and No One Agrees

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Forgotten_Man, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

What the fuck is wrong with this forum/people? I am awestruck that is all I can say. I am fucking awestruck.

I tell people about this terrible thing I did to someone who I would consider a friend, and who considers me one of her best friends. And people play it off like I did not do anything to wrong? Seriously, how fucking hard is it to agree.

This isn't my standard I hate myself speech. I did something that is morally reprehensible, that would have earned me a beating and people are telling me it is ok. I did something awful. And everyone here tells me it is ok, when it is clearly not ok? God why?

Seriously how hard is it to agree that I did something disgusting? Regardless of whether or not I knew I was doing it. Why can't people tell me I was wrong? WHY EVERYONE LOOKING AT ME WITH THOSE "aww its ok" EYES ARE JUST MAKING THINGS WORSE.

Please someone tell me why people don't think I am at fault for what I did? I just don't understand.

2. ASolitaryBlue

ASolitaryBlue Well-Known Member

were not saying that what you did isnt wrong, simply that you arent the only one that has done something wrong. sure some peoples mistakes are bigger than others and may cause more pain, but we all make mistakes and its our job to learn from them.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What did you do? I searched but couldn't find the post you made about it.

4. Forgotten_Man

IrishDoll:What I did is kind of personal, and I would rather not having it openly floating on the net. While a PM is not too much more private I can PM you my story. You will be the last person though. I do not want everyone to know about my shame, send me a PM if you want to hear my story.

cuttle25:Is it so wrong to want to know that someone is as sickened by this as I am? Really, I just want someone to agree with me that what I did was terrible. Yet no one agrees with me. No one says I should have known better. You all just say I made a mistake. That is what is tearing me up now.

5. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Because most people here are passive. The staff might be after them otherwise. But it is my suspicion most of the people genuinely don't want to stir the pot.

6. Forgotten_Man

I had heard about that back before I cane back here. I guess if I can get myself banned from here thatvis a good sign it is a good time to die.

I know if I am not given some kind of punishment I won't ever get better

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I think the fact that you know what you did was so wrong makes up for it a little... whatever it was.
    There is a neverending list of 'bad' things that people can do... the chances of someone doing some of these things is pretty likely- whether they realize it or not.

Sure, what you did was wrong.
    You know it was wrong.
    If it weighs on your conscience, then you're obviously not that horrible a person.
    Feeling no remorse is a problem - if you felt none, then I suggest you seek help... but it seems your brain is working properly.
    Accept it, apologize and try to move on < is all you can really do in most cases.

8. Forgotten_Man

I guess it is just hard to move on. It is not like I just did it on accident. I did this for 3 years. Yet I only see it as wrong now? I just can't be forgiven at least not by myself.

9. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Have you tried self-flagellation?

10. Forgotten_Man

That sounds... ummm NSFW what is it?