I did something terrible and I'm so scared.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Selrah, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selrah

Selrah New Member

I cheated on my girlfriend. I've gotten an infection but now I can't stop thinking about then possibility of HIV. I'm so scared...I don't know why I did what I did because I love her so much. All I want is a chance to make it ok...the thought of giving her something so terrible makes me so sick. She's the only one who could comfort me! Oh god oh god oh god.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I think the two most important things you need to do right now are get tested, and talk to your girlfriend. It's obviously not a conversation you want to have with her, but she needs to know the truth.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hopefully it's not a serious infection like HIV or Hepatitis. Hopefully it's treatable. Why did you cheat on your girlfriend if you love her as much as you claim to? :unsure:

4. solutions

solutions Well-Known Member

Haha. At least he'll resist possibly transmitting an STD.

Anyway, yeah, go get tested, and talk to your gf. And, like, hope she's the really understanding type.

5. Buried

Buried Member

You definitely need to get tested before you have sexual contact with her again, which you obviously already know. And you need to tell her, of course.

I kind of understand what you're going through, I cheated on one of my boyfriends and got HPV, which stuck me with cervical cancer for the rest of my life. You seriously need to treat whatever you have going on, even if it's HPV, which doesn't really affect you, you could pass it to your girlfriend, which will have devastating affects on her.

Don't lie to her about anything more, if there's something missing in the relationship, tell her. If you have everything you've ever wanted and experienced a lapse in judgment, tell her. But not like that (lapse in judgment) because it sounds kind of selfish and like an excuse. Just be honest. That's the most important thing at this point.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.