I didn't know where to post this...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by RyanKey=MyLife, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanKey=MyLife

RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

What makes a person have to go to hospital, e.g. a person with depression?

I'm bi-polar, and would rather be stuck in a hospital than this house:mellow:

Thanks in advance:smile:
  2. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

What are hospitals for? Obviously Treating people with problems... and No Im pretty sure you would change your mind once youve had a hospital stay. I hated the hospital, I had to stay there and it was hell. Just chill, be happy with what you have for once.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Jodie,
    It helps if you write down your thoughts including the suicidal ones, also put down there that you want to self harm. Then go to the ER and tell them you are bipolar and are loosing the battle with your suicidal thoughts.
    They will send in someone from mental health to evaluate you, let them read what you have written down. They should admit you for at least seventy two hours to evaluate wether you are a danger to yourself or anyone else. They will probably put you on meds. I have been in the hospital ten times in the last fourteen years. It's not that bad. It's just boring as hell waiting all the time. You either sleep all the time, walk the hallways to burn off energy , or if your smart bring a book or two to give you something to do. They have a TV in the day room but you can't hear it from everyone talking.
    Don't try and make friends thinking once you get out you will have someone new to hang with. It just doesn't happen. Once your out you never hear from them again unless they are a leech and cling to you to get whatever they can from you.. Be carefull of the latter... I wish you well!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.