I do not actually want my brother to come home.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by eagles_fan, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagles_fan

eagles_fan Well-Known Member

He went to jail when I was 11. It was the summer after 5th grade and before the 6th. Somewhere along his thought process turned towards aggression, and he thought to attempt to rape a woman. Thankfully, he didn't get very far. As you can imagine, it took a toll on me. I'm 18 now and he's been gone for so long. I really don't want him back. :/

Things are fine with him gone now and I don't want him pestering me. I prefer being alone to being with him. He makes me feel a little uncomfortable nowadays. Plus, the shame and humiliation that comes with being so close to an attempted rapist, no offense to any of you out there. It's just incredibly awkward.

He has no friends either, and no real connections. I really wonder what he's going to do in his life.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope he can get supports he needs to survive now out of the prison i hope he can perhaps get into a place of his own Lets hope his agession and his behavior has mellowed some after all these years. hugs
  3. tx915

tx915 Active Member

I'm sorry you're in this position. He needs an aftercare plan. Jail doesn't reform people often it just keeps the rest of us a little bit safer for a few years. He's probably on parole right? If so, his parole officer can probably help him get into counseling.

You have the right to tell him you don't want to associate with a convicted sex offender. Look out for you and what's safest and best for you. He can figure his own business out

<3 take care (sorry i'm biased I volunteer with the rape crisis center so offender sympathy is beyond me, I admit this)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.