• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I don’t feel good at all

Hey. Im just looking for a place to vent, somebody to talk to.
This month about tw weeks ago I started at a new school. Idk what it’t called in english but when I search the name up on google translate it says ”senior high school”. Pretty sure its inaccurate anyways. This is the ”best” school in town and it is very hard to get in. I had really good grades and I worked really hard to get in, I was so excited and my parents were proud. Mind you, there are ONLY white, privileged, RICH kids here. I have NEVER in my life been with that ”kind” of people before.. I have always been in the lower-middle class and my friends have been the same. When I started the girls (we have 28 girls!! And 7 boys) were ALREADY a really big group and they clicked very well. Many already knew eachother. I was so fucking alone. No one came to talk, and I felt like if I tried I would get ignored and they’ll just keep talking n laughing. Guess what? They did. Nobody sat with me and if I wanted to try and sit w them all the chairs were taken by them and there was no place. They made a groupchat, on snapchat and I was pretty suprised that I was in there!! Whenever I wrote something or said hi, nobody responded and everyone ignored me once again. I am very social and have no problem with making new friends, but this fucking school is killing me. Its so hard to hear my friends that have started at other schools say that they are having the best time and have made many new friendos. Im ofcourse, happy for them but I feel so fucking sad when I think about how I have it. I made 1 friend yesterday and she will be changing schools pretty soon, as she also is ignored. I have no chance in this class, none at all. I know that it only has gone 2 WEEKS!!! But they are having so much fun already and I cant get into their group bc they dont want me. Also, changing schools isnt an option in my case. What the FRIG should I do? I feel this lump in my throat when getting up in the morning knowing I have to go there and eat lunch alone.

help me, i feel so fucking alone

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey, you only need one good friend, you've made one, that means you can make another as you have the ability to, as you said yourself, it has only been two weeks, give it some more time. I feel really bad for you, i'm picturing you eating lunch alone and it makes me sad. Keep trying, you're obviously feeling terrible about the situation as you are here but please, give it more time and start opening up to others, maybe ask a class mate to go for a coffee or (Insert whatever here) after school?

I believe you are just very stressed and it will calm down and you'll get along great in the next coming weeks :)

You have all of us behind you cheering you on. Also does your school have a counsellor?

Hey, you only need one good friend, you've made one, that means you can make another as you have the ability to, as you said yourself, it has only been two weeks, give it some more time. I feel really bad for you, i'm picturing you eating lunch alone and it makes me sad. Keep trying, you're obviously feeling terrible about the situation as you are here but please, give it more time and start opening up to others, maybe ask a class mate to go for a coffee or (Insert whatever here) after school?

I believe you are just very stressed and it will calm down and you'll get along great in the next coming weeks :)

You have all of us behind you cheering you on. Also does your school have a counsellor?
Hey! Thanks for replying. My school has a counsellor but im way too scared to go. The kids will think that i only want them to feel sorry for me. Its a really shitty situation, even more when u think that i have no option of changing schools. Also, everyone (almost) takes a train home bc they live far away so almost nobody thats down to earth has time to go out after jail (school 😂). I really dont want anyone to feel sorry for me but im so fucking alone, im not used to this and it seems like everyone around me is having the time of their life. Fml❤️

tlaud

I do hope your school turns into a good "home" for you. If there are any activities you can become part of, then you should get to know your peers better, whether it's playing chess, soccer, or school plays on stage. Being in the "best" school in town tells us a lot about what you have to offer, and also that you could have a very good future. Not being involved with too much activity after school will allow you to focus on your studies so college/university may be your next step.

I am not experiencing what you are now, being so alone.....but I am very familiar with it. If you take the time you have to focus on education now, the world will probably open up quite a bit as time goes by.

JDot

J to the Dizzle O to the Tizzle
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hey @melinesere It's never a good feeling to feel unwelcome where you are. You'll always be welcome here. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here.

Sorry that you're going through this
Also, changing schools isnt an option in my case
Do you want to say why?
My school has a counsellor but im way too scared to go
It's understandable that you're scared, but sometimes there is something more important than fear. It seems like talking to the counselor may be your best chance at working things out, unless there is some kind of break through with the other kids.

Do you think you could maintain some connections from your old school?

I hope something can help

Sorry that you're going through this
Also, changing schools isnt an option in my case
Do you want to say why?
My school has a counsellor but im way too scared to go
It's understandable that you're scared, but sometimes there is something more important than fear. It seems like talking to the counselor may be your best chance at working things out, unless there is some kind of break through with the other kids.

Do you think you could maintain some connections from your old school?

I hope something can help
I have old friends, if thats what u mean. Im scared to go to the counseloor bc Im probably he only one to do that, its a bit emberassing to go to the counsellor this early ( thats just my fucked up opinion that isnt true at all). The counsellor wont understand me, at least thats what i feel like.

I have old friends, if thats what u mean
Yeah. Seeing them after school, or maybe messaging them while you're at lunch might make things easier for you.
Im scared to go to the counseloor bc Im probably he only one to do that, its a bit emberassing to go to the counsellor this early
It's usually much better to fix problems early. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. Maybe there's a way you could contact the counselor without the other kids knowing?
The counsellor wont understand me, at least thats what i feel like
You won't know until you try. The reason to try something is not because it's 100% certain that it will help. The reason is because there's a good chance that it will help, and if it doesn't help, it will probably also be ok.

Having problems making friends at a new school is understandable. Maybe the counselor can help.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$410.00
Goal
$255.00