I don’t get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Well, you showed up here because you were googling something or other, right? And this is probably a better alternative than whatever you were searching for in the first place.
Are you in therapy now? Or just in the past it hasn't worked out well for you?
Do you want to tell us why you're feeling so bad?
I hope you find something great here. There are lots of people to chat with. See you around.

Alwayswrong

I'll tell you why: because we DO know how these feelings hurt. "Ordinary people" think we're lazy, asking for pitty, they think it's all a matter of willpower, they blame us for our situation, get bored or tired, or think that "bad energy is contagious". In SF there are people who are in different stages and we can see there IS a way out. And, when someone has a setback, we don't think "here he/she goes again!". Here we are NOT judged, as most of our friends do.

I'll tell you why: because we DO know how these feelings hurt. "Ordinary people" think we're lazy, asking for pitty, they think it's all a matter of willpower, they blame us for our situation, get bored or tired, or think that "bad energy is contagious". In SF there are people who are in different stages and we can see there IS a way out. And, when someone has a setback, we don't think "here he/she goes again!". Here we are NOT judged, as most of our friends do.
Well said!!!

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
I second what @Lady Wolfshead said; this reply from @Alwayswrong is awesome!

I felt the same way you did when I first got here. I'm not a fan of social media and online forums so I was unsure as to what use I could find. I was researching suicide methods but found something quite different!

This place is utterly surreal but it works. It's like a little town; there's a cafe for when you just want to catch up, a "pharmacy" for getting advice on medications, a "town hall" for airing your views, an "advice bureau" for assistance with more technical problems, a "speakers corner" for all your rants and musings, and that's without the meeting places for support and compassion.

I know it's online, but these are all real people who completely empathise with what you're feeling. We may not have the same issues and lifestyles, but what we do have in common is a complete understanding that these are not feelings that will just go away overnight. There is no judgment here and we are all aiming for the same thing: to gain support as we try to heal ourselves and move toward a better future. It's not easy, but no one ever said you had to do it alone, and if they did they're probably not a member of the SF family.

I truly hope you stick around and find something that suits you and helps you here. I was instantly greeted by such wonderful people like @Freya , @Innocent Forever and @walkerbait95 , to name but a few, and I have since gone on to make so many genuine friends! For me, they're not like the Facebook followers, most of whom just seem to want to be nosey (I'm not judging all FB users, it's just my experience), but they are honest and caring people who will do their very best to walk beside you as you search for your answers.

We may never have met, and probably never will, but we're still a family and I for one would rather have a few compassionate followers here, than a thousand fake ones elsewhere.

Stay safe and if you're comfortable, let us know what's going on for you.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Wow excellent post, well said my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00