I don't actually want to die

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by blue, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blue

blue Active Member

I just want to stop feeling the way I do, and stop being the person I am.

No one can help me but myself and I'm ready to give up trying.

I have a couple of methods planned and I'm just waiting until the right time and place. I know I'm young but I've run out of steam and I don't want to keep trying and failing. The only reason I haven't killed myself is I'm afraid of failing. I've tried and failed and it's exhausting. I'm thinking sometime this month, before christmas. I don't have much time left.
  2. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

You sound just like me.
  3. Infortunatus

Infortunatus Guest

God loves you just as you are, and whatever kind of person you are. If you can believe that it will help.

There are some people and agencies that are very good at helping others. Maybe you just haven't found the right ones yet. You could keep looking. Trying is so much easier when you have a little support from someone else. It only takes a little bit of help to make the difference.

Sorry to sound old, but I know when was young I had no idea what wonderful things would happen in my future. I'm so glad that I was here to experience them. Don't deny yourself that opportunity.
  4. topper

topper Well-Known Member

Is there anything you could do to 'stop being the person you are'?

I've struggled with depression off and on for the past ten years, and I finally realized my drug and alcohol abuse wasn't helping the situation. So I resolved to quit. I don't want to be that person anymore.

It's not easy, and I'm not perfect. It won't solve all my problems, but it's a concrete step in bettering myself. It makes me feel better about myself. And once you tackle one thing you don't like about yourself the picture can get clearer, and you can start taking positive action in other areas of your life.

Is there just one little thing you could change that would make you feel better about yourself? That could get the ball rolling. Not that you NEED to change. I don't know what's going on with you, but I understand the feeling of wanting to stop being the person I am.
  5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

You never need to change the person you are, you are you, and people will like and love you for that, what needs to change is the support you get for how you feel, so you can get a better understanding of your thoughts and feelings, and this in time will better help you understand who you are, I really hope that makes sense.

6. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

thats a good attitude. dont give up trying! if the things u been doing havent been working try something else. u can overcome this, good luck
  7. Chaddiwicker

Chaddiwicker Well-Known Member

I'm struggling today myself. For me, I don't want my death to be during the holidays because I know it will taint the holidays for my family and friends (the few of them that still care) for the rest of their lives. That's what's been keeping me going... barely. Hopefully I can find something to keep me going after the holidays.

Is there anything you can think of that can keep you going?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.