I don't always feel bad when I do it!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MissKerouac, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Well-Known Member

This has gotten so ridiculous. Everytime I see something sharp, I cut. Even if I don't feel bad. Is this normal?? It never used to be like this. It used to be like pressure building up and up until I absolutely had to. Now I just see something that would work and I go for it. No matter how I feel.

And it seems to take less pressure to bleed now.

Is this common? I feel so pathetic for doing it when I don't even "need" to, but I just can't stop myself.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're not pathetic. What you're experiencing is common, and I've heard others who self-harm express similar thoughts.

Is there anything you can do to fight the urges when you get them?
  3. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

It's really not weird what you're feeling.

I've had the same thoughts and occasionally still have. I'd cut as if a habit, until I figured there was no place to cut without someone noticing. That gave me a reason not to. So now only when i really need to I do it. Otherwise I have the common sense to stop myself before I have anyone find out

I hope you'll find your own reasons to stop yourself from harming. It may take some time, but you'll get to it.

All the luck to you

4. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

I've thought of it even when I haven't felt bad... especially recently. I've always been able to just walk away though without cutting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.