I don't always feel bad when I do it!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by MissKerouac, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Active Member

This has gotten so ridiculous. Everytime I see something sharp, I cut. Even if I don't feel bad. Is this normal?? It never used to be like this. It used to be like pressure building up and up until I absolutely had to. Now I just see something that would work and I go for it. No matter how I feel.

And it seems to take less pressure to bleed now.

Is this common? I feel so pathetic for doing it when I don't even "need" to, but I just can't stop myself.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You're not pathetic. What you're experiencing is common, and I've heard others who self-harm express similar thoughts.

Is there anything you can do to fight the urges when you get them?

3. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

It's really not weird what you're feeling.

I've had the same thoughts and occasionally still have. I'd cut as if a habit, until I figured there was no place to cut without someone noticing. That gave me a reason not to. So now only when i really need to I do it. Otherwise I have the common sense to stop myself before I have anyone find out

I hope you'll find your own reasons to stop yourself from harming. It may take some time, but you'll get to it.

All the luck to you

xoxo
    LC.

4. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

I've thought of it even when I haven't felt bad... especially recently. I've always been able to just walk away though without cutting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.