I don't atually want to commit suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fooror, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

But i tell myself that i could, which makes me feel better about my problems. Other people feel this, yes?

Makes me feel a bit fraudelent to think about suicide when i would never actually do it.

I've always believed in the adage, 'Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.'
  2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Many people struggle with things like suicide ideation or find comfort in knowing life is a choice. Its common, for sure, but often people don't have the self awareness you do.
  3. Jace

Jace Active Member

It's good that you're aware of this. I felt the same as you awhile back, but now I have actually attempted suicide. So don't write off the suicidal ideation just because you think you'll never follow through, it can grow into something terrible. :hug:
  4. myrobotfriend

myrobotfriend Member

My ex girlfriend said that suicide was always a comforting thought at the back of her mind.. like how she dealt with stress: "If I fail this test/if I get into debt/if this doesn't work out I'll kill myself."

It's a really unhealthy coping mechanism, because when something doesn't work out you feel OBLIGATED to go through with it, to prove that you were not just "crying for attention".
  5. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I don't anyone truly wants to commit suicide. They just don't want to hurt anymore.

I think what you're feeling is more common than you think.
  6. Ihatemyselfalot

Ihatemyselfalot Banned Member

For some it aint temporary, so fuck that shit.
  7. Chameleon76

Chameleon76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I don't think I could actually kill myself either(aint got the balls to do it) but it feels good to know the option is there.
  8. adairjm

adairjm New Member

I've thought this way and it bothers me. My concern is that as I use it as a coping mechanism, that I get desensitized to the thought of suicide, and could eventually go through with it sometime.
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I don't think anyone really wants to commit suicide. Everyone just wants their problems to be over, one way or another. No one enjoys suffering. Everyone just views suicide as the ultimate solution to life's problems. Though overcoming challenges is a part of life.
  10. Young suicider

Young suicider Well-Known Member

I don't want to.I have to.
  11. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

Blimey, i'm now more worried about it than i was when i first posted :/
  12. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Suicide - Not The Answer

First, try not to feel guilty for thinking these thoughts - they are tied up with the freedom of choice we have been given in this life. In my view, the only freedom anyone has is to decide which way we wish to react to situations and people.

Second, I believe that suicide is by no means the permanent solution to a temporary problem it would appear to be on the surface of life. In my view, it's the other way round: because our spirit and soul are immortal and cannot be destroyed, they live on - whether we believe in this or not, they do. This reveals that suicide is a temporary solution to a permanent problem - in so far as that we shall have to bring all our problems with us into our next lifetime and the next and the next, until a resolution has finally been found for each one of them. That's why in my view, suicide is not the answer.

With love - Aquarius ​
  13. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm sorry about that...
  14. fooror

fooror Well-Known Member

No need to be sorry, it's best to know the reality of these situations.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.