I dont care anymore

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by _Lily_, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

got to the point were i dont care anymore.
    Ate very little yesterday and i don't want to eat today .
    My partner says it's up to me what i do , he cant force me to eat.
    I feel like am doing what is necessary.
    I do have professional help but with my mental health not my ED.
    I have told them about me not eating and restricting but they said because am overweight that there isn't a problem.
    fuck them.
    I dont need help from anyone any way.
    Am fine doing what am doing.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi ya...please let the person helping you know about your ED...it is linked to the other conditions you have and can be treated as well...I know firsthand what it is like to withhold food from myself for long periods of time...for me, it was that I felt I was not worthy of eating...it is painful and very lonely...also, please continue to let us know what is going on...there are so many ppl here who can relate...big hugs

3. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

I see my dr on the 2nd of December i will talk to her about it.
    Am not eating much at the moment .
    Scared to eat anything over a set amount of calories.
    I know its not good for me but i just can face eating anything over a set amount.

4. assek

assek Well-Known Member

how did you get on with the dr ?

5. Virginia

Virginia Member

Hi, I am new here but I just wanted to say that I have dealt with anorexia in the past. I'm doing better, but I still struggle with it today. I just wanted to add my experience.... I went for approximately two years of basically starving myself. My diet mainly consisted of jello and salad and I exercised two hours per day. I felt like I was in control of something. I am 5' 5" and was down to 99lbs at one point. I ignored any comments of me 'needing some meat on my bones' and I didn't realize what I was doing to my health until I caught a glimpse of my back in the mirror...pretty scarey. Since then, I have developed a heart arrythmia. I now give my body the food it requires to function and take a multi vitamin. But I still have times of loss of appetite, probably depression. Please, don't do like I did and cause your health to deteriorate. While my arrythmia isn't life threatening, I still have damage and could have more later in life that I am unaware of at this point.

6. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Sorry i didnt get back to this thread until now.
    I went to my dr she is going to keep an eye on my weight and she saids i need to ask my psych if i can be refereed to get CBT ( it takes a year for a referral to go through)
    Things have gotten worse am purging after i eat and am eating about 400 calories a day at the moment
    i cant bring myself to eat anymore than that
    Am living of rice cakes , cup-a-soups and veg .

7. Cheerbear82

Cheerbear82 Member

I understand completly how you feel. I am in the same boat as you. I would like to get help but I also don't have a low enough weight for anyone to give me the help that I need. It is all about numbers for me too I just don't get it why won't they help before it gets worse. I know that that is were it is going I have been there before. I really hope that you can at least get into a support group and understand that you are not alone. xoxo

8. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

My dr got me to eat normally , but i feel i have no control at all.
    I want to eat less, eat about 400 calories a day again.
    My husband wouldnt understand why i want to do this , but i feel i need to

I need to try and talk to him about it ... i need control again

9. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Reaper

Your partner should not enable you he should make you eat something if its not just a piece of fruit. You don't want to get your Electrolytes off I know you feel like you want to die but don't feel that way its not worth it...its more to life than wanting to die or depriving yourself from nutrience you need to wake up

10. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Bruised & Broken

Please don't say you don't care anymore because we care about helping you and getting yourself back to being happy and not always depressed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.