I don't count

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpang123, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

So there's no reason to be down on myself. Am I supposed to go on with my life as if I have no cares in the world and that everybody is suffering but I shouldn't? I've been told that some people are dealing with worse things than me so I should feel fortunate that I don't have much problems. The more I think about that, the more I wish something was going wrong with me so I will fit in with everybody else. I might just be ignoring my problems and pretend that they don't bother me. What are my problems? Nothing, right? I just hate that I survived from my last attempt. Then I wouldn't have to cope in this stupid world anymore. Just wish I can sleep and never wake up. I want to give up so much, even though I don't know why. I AM crazy. I hate trying to meet up to everyone's wishes and trick myself that my life IS good and worth living for. I have yet to feel that myself instead of what people think.

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

:( I'm sorry that some idiot said that to you. People are weird like that, instead of just understanding, they judge. My dad is like that. So I don't talk to him often and I mostly don't tell him my problems and stuff. You deserve better than that. And your problems are just as serious as anyone elses. Perhaps it's time to cross that person off your list. Those people will never understand. Perhaps try and surround yourself with people who accept you and don't judge you.

Please know that you are important and so are your problems, you can always come here to get support :) :hug:

3. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

mpang... a lot of ppl here have said that i've been through a lot in my life... but yet, when i tell the same things to my therapists... they tell me that i've not really been through a lot at all, many people have it a lot worse than me.... i know your pain... it makes you want to shut down when you are told that

truth is as i've said before... if you have emotional pain its significant.. and i don't care what someone else thinks you have the right to feel or not to feel based on whatever they think they know.... they do not know you... you are different from everyone else, you feel things differently than anyone else.... we all do... and not just all of us on this site... but everyone in the world ... we are all unique... therefore there are no real rules on what you can or cannot feel given any certain cirumstance or situation .... there is only "what is"... and if you hurt, its significant...

talk to us

4. mpang123

Morning rush, actually the people who tells me all that bologna is my family. They just don't see a valid reason for my depression that leads to suicidal ideations and then to the actual suicide attempt. Yet, I'm still close to them in my heart, but they do hurt me. The only people I can really express my thoughts and feelings with are the people at group or here. I guess at least I still have some people who care and don't pass judgment. That I'm grateful for.

5. mpang123

Demuredawn, I know you keep reminding me to never discount the significance of my pain. I just wish there are more supportive people in my life, but I guess at least I have a few. Better than none.

6. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

i can understand that feeling well, mpang... i wish there were more supportive ppl in all our lives *hugs*

7. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I understand. My dad is like that, he doesn't understand and there's always worse than me. He sort of taunts me about it too. So I don't talk to him often because I realised that it hurt me too much and he wasn't hurt one bit, I lose sleep over it and it eats me up inside so I had to cut him mostly off, so I limit what I say and my visits and phone calls.

You sound like a good person, lately I've been thinking at what I've been thankful for too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.