I don't cut, I hit

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Phil smith, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil smith

Phil smith Member

I've cut before but it's not for me. I understand it though because I hit myself. Yeah it's sounds stupid but in the heat of the moment when everything is too much and I hate myself it helps. I don't just slap myself. I've broken my own nose before, given myself black eyes and facial lacerations. My life starts to fall apart and I hate myself so much for the mistakes I've made that before I know it im punching myself. I can't control it. What's wrong with me?

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Phil,

What you are doing is not unheard of at all. People can self harm in lots of different ways but breaking your nose oh my, that is extreme. I understand that people who self harm don't have much self control over it, please please see a professional regarding this if you have not already and welcome to the forums :hug: Talking here to people who understand might help too.

3. KaRue

KaRue Member

I can understand you, because I too do this. I've ripped out handfuls of my own hair, left bruises on my body, and write things in sharpie. If anything, stop hitting your face or anything around your head. This can cause serious permanent damage, damage you will not want.

If I could reach across space and put my arms through the computer screen to hug you, I would. I want to hold you and tell you that it will be okay. Because it will. You just need to keep fighting.

I do have some advice for you. I have found that my desires to hurt myself go up a lot if I'm not actively doing anything with my mind or body. Try to find a hobby or activity that you enjoy, and do that when you're upset. It can be as simple as meditating or reading a book, as tiring as running a couple miles, or something called Geocaching.

Geocaching is my outlet, my one source for fighting depression, suicide, and self-harming urges. What it is is a high tech treasure hunting game that uses GPS technology to find hidden containers. Anyone with a Smartphone can do this "sport." Simply go to the app store and search for the Geocaching Intro App. Download it, and you'll be ready to find Geocaches all over where you live. It will get you out of the house and into the fresh air.

Good luck to you my friend. Keep fighting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.