i dont even know what to think...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by austinhp78, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austinhp78

austinhp78 Well-Known Member

i just dont... my mom saw some of the scars on one of my legs this morning but didnt say anything about it... until a couple of minutes ago.... now she knows a blurry part of the story.... she just talked to me about it and now thinks that they were a couple of months ago and now knows that i think i have depression. she wants to get me a therapist and i kind of do too... again, i dont even know what to think now. she displayed no emotion at all and doesnt seem to care at all. she has no reaction at all and seems as if she knew all along yet i know for a fact that she did not have any idea. i would have actually prefered something huge and dramatic but the way this happened made it so that i couldnt even get myself to tell her the whole truth.
    what the hell...

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Your mum was probably shocked and/or didn't know how to approach the subject. Some people don't know what to say and it may appear that they don't care but I'm sure she does. Maybe she needs a little time for it to sink in and to think how to talk to you about it. You could of course bring it up with your mum yourself. It will most likely be hard for you but it's better than this awkward silence at the moment, like you pretty much said, it's better for her to talk about this. Best wishes. :hug:

3. Deep Thought

Deep Thought Well-Known Member

oh dear. i personally would dread it if any of my family found out. but seeing as ur mum has found this out i think it might b best 2 tlk 2 her about it. tell her y u do it (if u can/ want 2, remember its up 2 u). take her up on the offer of goin 2 a therapist, seeing as u sed u want 2. but dont force urself 2 do it if u dont want 2, ur in control u can decide. does anybody else kno? or is she the 1st?

anyway good luck with it. and wot Res sed is true the awkward silence is awful.

D.T

4. If you're right and she really didn't know at all until this, then she is probably really shocked, and doesn't know quite what to say/do. I know I felt like that when I first found out about some close friends. Give her a chance to think it over a bit, and then she might come to you. If not then try just explaining what made you feel like that etc. Remember, you don't have to justify anything if you don't want to. I agree with deep thought and resistance, awkward silence really doesn't help anyone...

Good luck! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.