I don't exist in this fake and materialistic world

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thebaronspell, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

I've not spoken to literally anybody in months and by that I mean friends that I've known for years. I've not appeared online on any social network site or MSN for ages and it seems they have forgotten about me. I have nothing intresting to talk to them about anyway without boring the socks of them. My best friend has been moaning to others online saying I'm ignoring him but he knows what I'm like and that when I'm bored I feel really down. He did something to really upset me the other month but he clearly doesn't think he did anything wrong and that also pissed me off. Nobody has rang, txt, emailed or facebooked me to check if im ok.

I'm never asked to go out with them either on nights out but like you may know I'm not really meant to have friends or companions in life. One of my oldest friends has spent the last three years blanking and advoiding me despite us living down the road from eachother and the only the other week gave birth to twins and it came as a shock to me because I didn't know she was pregnant.

I'm not expecting to be centre of attention or nothing but for some reason nobody is intrested in me unless I'm in a good mood or playing the fool by being funny or a clown. I've seen nothing but the same four walls for a long time now it's sad.

2. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

Im sorry to hear youre havin such a hard time. If it's of any consolation I know exactly how you feel. If it wasnt for my reaching out to others I would never hear from anyone either. I know cause Ive been testing this theory for the last month. It can be a lonely world out there. Hang in there.

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that you are so isolated. Making friendships work takes effort though. It would be nice if other people would check in on you, but it could be that they don't understand what's going on.

Sometimes when you feel ignored or slighted by someone, the other person feels the same way.

No one may have checked in with you, but it sounds like you haven't checked in with them either.

I don't know what you're best friend did, but yes, it would be nice if this friend would know what they did wrong and correct things.

While it may be frustrating to have to tell your friend what they did wrong, it might be better to tell them so that you can get the ball rolling on fixing the problem.

Maybe you could try to communicate with the friend who had the twins? Maybe send them a card with congratulations on the twins, and then ask about why it is that you don't communicate anymore. You may not get an answer back from her, but at least you will have put the ball in her court just in case what is going on is a misunderstanding.

It would be nice if friends would support us when we need them, but they don't always.

You can try to find better friends, or maybe fix the ones you've got.

4. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

Thanks for the helpful responses back. The other day I posted a thread about my friend who recently gave birth to twins and it's a really tricky issue to be honest and everybody thinks it's best for my sanity if I just forget about her. With regards to my best friend I heard he had been informing people not to invite me out etc. I don't think I'm ignoring them it's just to painful knowing all my friends don't think I'm worthwhile person to be around anymore. I did ask him to explain this to me when I found out but he denied it but I saw pictures of them on facebook that somebody else uploaded from their nights out that I was excluded from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.