• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

I don't expect reply but...

Auri

🎸🎼Rock Star🎼🎸
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Kitty! Your colourings are amazing (this one included), you are very talented! Don't let anyone tell you you're not, and don't compare yourself to others because you'll always find something that you'll think is better. Perhaps they drew a hamster better than you (in your eyes at least), but you colour birds better than them? Everyone is best at something.

But this doesn't matter anyway, it's not about being the best in the world according to some standards, it's about being the best you. ♡

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty •✮•
Yay thankies.

When I’m back to practice or back to the reality of it, I just don’t get peoples expectations of me though especially from mentors/lecturers. I don’t understand “what do your best” exactly means when they’d would be like “you’re so slow, you need to work harder, you’re always distracted, you need to put in more effort,” etc, those kinds of lines. Kitty don’t understand. *dunno

ShyGuy

I kinda know that feel..

I really do remember when I was in pre-school, the teacher said we had to color something in. (An outline of a human being.)

I've always been bad at coloring things in. My teachers said I color things in "the wrong way" by moving my wrist/hand in circles to fill in shapes.

I was coloring in the human outline picture in pre-school (I believe it represents us and the colors represent who we are,) and the teacher said I was coloring it in the wrong way (in circles) and said I was "scribbling" and she sent me to time-out.

I cried the entire time in time-out.... That's the only time I got in trouble in school (the second time being in 12th grade, because I was always the first one done in Keyboarding class, and I played a game on the computer after I finished all of my Keyboarding class work and got sent to detention for playing a game on the school computers. But the detention teacher is my math teacher and felt bad for me and she kept saying she knows I'm a good person and she let me out early and told me to not tell anyone.)

I wish I was better at coloring things in... It really hurt me that I got sent to time-out in pre-school for coloring in the outline wrong..

Last edited:

ShyGuy

I feel the same way ='( I've been feeling the same way cuz I drew these hamster drawings, and at a Discord server, people somehow found my tumblr and they linked to my hamster drawings and they made fun of me, saying that their 2 year old can draw better than I am and they told me to "give it up." So I felt bad and quit drawing hamsters so much..

Attachments

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
I feel the same way ='( I've been feeling the same way cuz I drew these hamster drawings, and at a Discord server, people somehow found my tumblr and they linked to my hamster drawings and they made fun of me, saying that their 2 year old can draw better than I am and they told me to "give it up." So I felt bad and quit drawing hamsters so much..
That is a stick to what works for you. You seem to be a good hearted person to others showing care to those, work from there

Nick

☆☆Still Ducking Fantastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Yay thankies.

When I’m back to practice or back to the reality of it, I just don’t get peoples expectations of me though especially from mentors/lecturers. I don’t understand “what do your best” exactly means when they’d would be like “you’re so slow, you need to work harder, you’re always distracted, you need to put in more effort,” etc, those kinds of lines. Kitty don’t understand. *dunno
I think sometimes, especially with lectures who don't really know you, people base their perception of what they think they see. This idea that perception is reality, which is crap and totally inaccurate. I could go on a rant on that particular phrase, but I am attempting to refrain. They think they see something, they think they heard something and they have based their entire evaluation of you as a person on that. Maybe you do x task slow, because you are trying to be very accurate. That would indicate you are working very hard and not distracted or lacking in effort. Then there is the fact that some people will have unreasonable expectations. Those people where nothing you do will ever be enough. It really is a matter of doing what you can, and knowing you did do your best.

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty •✮•
Keep drawing ShyGuy!! Happy for you!
@Walker look at this! ^^

HappyKitty

•✮• SF's pet kitty •✮•
I think sometimes, especially with lectures who don't really know you, people base their perception of what they think they see. This idea that perception is reality, which is crap and totally inaccurate. I could go on a rant on that particular phrase, but I am attempting to refrain. They think they see something, they think they heard something and they have based their entire evaluation of you as a person on that. Maybe you do x task slow, because you are trying to be very accurate. That would indicate you are working very hard and not distracted or lacking in effort. Then there is the fact that some people will have unreasonable expectations. Those people where nothing you do will ever be enough. It really is a matter of doing what you can, and knowing you did do your best.
thanks! kitty love this so much!!! 😺

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$510.00
Goal
$255.00