i dont f*cking care about dying black kids

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by meh__, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

thats what my brother said to me tonight because i ordered a sweater that says DARFUR 371257 and wore it at dinner. i just dont understand why i seem to be the only person in my fucking town who gives two shits about anyone but themselves. hes like, why do you eeven pay for that, it doest help, you dont help you just sit alone in your room.. well fuck you stupid fucking druggie i hope you get fucking shot up when you pick up next. im a mess and that just set me off. no one is like me. fuc king selfish pigs. i hate everyone. i want to just die. ive got the shit to do it. i think i will
  2. twilightki

twilightki Well-Known Member

Theres always people like that. That's why people like you matter so much. If everyone just said "fuck it" then there would be no one to care. No matter what, don't stop caring. This is what brings humanity a step above animals, we are capable of caring for someone we haven't even met.
  3. jryan3434

jryan3434 Active Member

Perhaps instead of killing yourself you could find something to do that really does help other people. I don't know what your situation is but there are a lot of ways to help others. If your passion is Darfur you could certainly find a way to help out or draw attention to the situation there if you choose. You may not have the power to send in the troops but you can do something. Who gives a shit what your brother thinks. Do you think you should give up on helping people because some people in your town or your family think it's stupid?

Just don't become a pacifist hippie who whines about the world's problems from your couch. Do something about them. Work towards a career that gives you the power to help. If you do I bet you will feel a lot better about yourself and your situation.

"He who sees evil and does nothing is an accomplice in the act." -Talmud
  4. meh__

meh__ Well-Known Member

thanks for replying, haha yeah i wont become a pacifist hippie, i do as much as i can with the little money i have (i am only 17) ive been depressed most of my life and now that i find a cause/something i believe in i have no means or resources to help. i can donate my jokes for paychecks..but once im outta this hellhole i want to go over there and just do something. if im alive. i duno.
  5. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

You'd like to go over there yourself and help them? Sounds a bit too lofty and grand to me. I know the Darfur conflict is horrible, but I wonder what makes it engraved in so many people's minds and not other conflicts? I guess helping the homeless, the poor, the people depressed like you here in America (thats where you live right?)

I guess I'm just a pessimist and/or brainwashed, I feel that nothing we can do will help them, anything we give is just a drop in the bucket, there's always conflict and fighting over there and if they can't solve it by themselves, then there's no hope for them. They should be able to step up and solve it themselves, but the fighting is based on ethnicity and religious differences just like Israel and Palestine and whatnot and I don't see how we can help them. I think we'd find much better results helping other people, people here. But don't yell at me please. :unsure:

It is good you have something to really focus on and spend your energy at. I'm just thinking how about helping those closer to home first?

EDIT: Its really strange, my younger brother recently has gotten interested in Darfur and I berate him for it, and he's also 17. I thought for a sec you were him, but he didn't order a T-shirt or did he?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2007
  6. I think in general people who have been depressed have more sympathy for others... we understand what it's like to be in unescapable pain
  7. npain42long

npain42long Active Member

okay get this. i have always felt like an adopted person, due to i am the only one who seems to scream out at the injustices in the world when my family has the ostrich syndrome (you know bury the head and you cannot see anything). makes me wonder what planet did i hail from. good for you for having a social conscience. bad for you that depression is part of the gift of having a social conscience. sucks huh? i really feel for you if you have a drug problem. i know many who use drugs to quiet the inner demons. my drug of choice seems to be food. my advice is this, ignore him. obviously he is more worried about himself than he is others. that to me is sad. another thing, if you social conscience calls for you to reach out, go to college, get a degree and work towards helping those who you feel need it. and by the way, just because some lame, self centered person feels as if they do not care, does not make you a bad person, it makes you a good worthwhile person who i am proud to share oxygen with. IGNORE HIM, HE IS NOT WORTH YOUR MENTAL ANGST. YOU HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.