I don't fit in anywhere

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chickee, Dec 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickee

chickee Active Member

I am a complete misfit. I don't fit in at work and I don't have a group of friends that I hang out with. Work people talk about how much fun they had getting together and I wasn't even invited. I wish I belonged someplace in this world. I am so awkward and socially inept.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

This sounds so painful...have you considered talking with someone to find strategies to get closer to people...this is a learned behavior and takes practice and small steps to build confidence...I am here is you need any help...not that I fit in, but I am accepted as being different...big hugs, J

3. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I don't fit in anywhere either, not at work, not in school, no where. I don't even feel like I fit in in here. If there was a place where misfits and outcasts went to..I probably wouldn't fit in there either.

4. chickee

chickee Active Member

how are you accepted as being different? I am so sensitive to what people say, how they react to me, etc. I worry that they won't like me or think I'm weird. I don't know how to become included. I'm really not that much of an oddball, I can fit into work situations but when it comes to a social life I am lacking. I don't know, any tips you might have would be helpful.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Yes...and I am different...but loved and can love...some things I have had to tone down, and think before I spoke, but I am truly cared for...do you want to talk about this?

6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Do you think having a social situations chat in the chat room once a week would be helpful? I would be willing to consider this if it would be helpful...I am in New York City so we would have to find a time where time zones can be accomodated for...but I would be willing...what do you all think?

7. chickee

chickee Active Member

yeah. I want to know whether I should care if I'm not invited and don't fit in and what's wrong with me that seems to repel people. I doubt you could answer that from my few posts on here though!
    I'd be interested in a weekly chat session

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Are you in US or UK, etc. so we can decide a time to meet...J

9. chickee

chickee Active Member

I am from the US, central time

10. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Great...much easier...tomorrow nite around 9 EST or 8CST...does that work for you? PM me when u get into chat...that way I know you are there and it will also remind me...my gray matter is stressed lately...I would gladly spend the time...you are worth it...and anyone else who wants to join...please do so...J

I just put it in my Blackberry so I have half a chance of remembering...:)

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Some people just work better on their own. I like being alone from time to time. It's good to have some peace and quiet.

12. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Chickee, I am going to sign off...but I will check chat 2morrow nite...hope you stay safe...big hugs

13. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Chickee, i will talk too you, come and find me if you wish. I am different too and accept that, our past often moulds our present, but i refuse to let it rule tomorrow Peace Pete

14. jimmy88

jimmy88 Well-Known Member

Haha, wow this explains me to a tee...

15. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

me three :anony:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.