I don't get it. Why am I so depressed all the time?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brianna, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brianna

brianna New Member

I don't know why but I'm always sad. Why? Ive never been raped or been on drugs. Well Ive been on meds and stuff. Am i crazy? I think I am. If you want to hear my life story then just ask me. But I have to warn you that its a long story. Please help me get out of this black hole im in.

2. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Brianna. could you use the "diary" section to post you're story? You could also post on a daily basis there, no? You don't have to be raped or on drugs to feel depressed. It can effect anyone from any walk of life... Tell us your story, someone I'm sure can help... there are lots of experiences here to learn from...
    K

3. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I agree with KJAB Brianna, everybody is depressed for different reasons. I know people who have had perfectly lovely lives and are depressed due to bi-polar and other disorders. Don't allow yourself to feel guilty just because you're down and others have 'more reason to be'. Depression doesn't work like that, you don't choose it, it chooses you. :(

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Brianna,

Welcome to SF

Like the others have said, you don't need to be raped or on drugs to feel depressed. Depression is often caused by a chemical imbalance too.
    Have you seen your doctor about it? Are you on any medication? I hope you will get through this.
    You're not alone!

5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Hi Brianna :hug: I'd be interested in hearing your story, I think KJABs idea was good, you could use the member's diary section so we can all read.
    It's hard when you can't pinpoint the source of your depression, maybe meds would help you?

6. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

Hi :hug:

Of course you're not crazy for feeling depressed... If you want to talk about stuff more then do keep posting and there are people here who will do their best to support you.

Big hugs
    Ellie

7. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

Im down for hearing your life story.

8. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd also like to hear your story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.