i don't get it

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by endlessskies58, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endlessskies58

endlessskies58 Well-Known Member

if buddhist monks are able to change their body temperature to not freeze in snow or live on just fruit and water until age one hundred and something...

or people can forcibly make themselves go blind or give themselves a disease simply through their unconscious mind to not deal with problems...

then why can't i mentally get myself to become happy?

the human mind is SO powerful. why can't i use its power to its fullest extent?

why can't i simply get myself to be happy? its all in my mind...
  2. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

" a man thinketh and so is he " like the saying goes. So you realized that the mind is a very powerful weapon and can drive people to this forum is used wrongly. Arrests it and turn it around. You have to and it will be tough cos it has created such havoc in you that you have become so unhappy.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think what is stopping you is that your mind is in control right now and not you. You need to find the strength within yourself to turn that around. I know so much easier said than done. If I could follow my own advice I wouldnt be here telling you this. But if you can give yourself a chance to rest and rejuvinate then I think the task of getting the upper hand is within your grasp. And it is not a task that you can achieve alone hun. You need support and resources at your disposal. So work on those 3 thing first and then see where you can take your mind and yourself. The support is right here when you need it. And dont let the little stumbles along the way set you all the way back to where you started from. So get going (lol)!!! Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.