I Don't Get It

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Keiran, Oct 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I don't come from a dysfunctional family or anything like that. I have a loving, caring family. But yet I have nothing else other than that. I don't have many friends, and the ones I do have, don't really care about me. I'm just there, but serve no purpose. I'm not good at anything, and no matter how hard I try, I can't do anything right.

I know lots of the people are here have bad families and whatnot. But, I don't. And yet every day I still wanna kill myself. There's some oxy in the cabinet and a gun in the closet. They're available for use when I'm ready. Every day I seem to be getting closer and closer to using them.

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Depression does not discriminate. Sometimes even when we comes from good homes and all that, things can still go wrong.

3. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I think one of the only things stopping me is how my family would react.

4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yeah me too.

But look at that as a positive thing, it's a reason to hold on. To make us think more carefully.

Thought about talking to a professional for some help?

5. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

Well I'm only a teen and I've only told one person which is one of my friends. I feel like I should talk to someone, but at the same time I don't want to. I would really like all the help I could get, but I can't put the weight of that on my parents, etc. I wouldn't want anyone to know about it.

You know, I went to the movies the other day, surprisingly. But, I didn't know what movie I was going to see, and the friend I was with, suggested "It's Kind of a Funny Story". Didn't know what it was about, but after watching that, would you think it would help my current state? Not really. Not at all. In a way I felt like I was that kid. Maybe I wouldn't end up in a place like he did, but he just seemed exactly like me in a way. Everything he described about how he was feeling kinda realted to my life in some way.

6. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I know telling your parents is hard, but i wasted so many years of my life being untreated. I didn't tell them until i was about 18 i think and it was because i had hit rock bottom and was so completely desperate to not feel one more second of pain.

Don't let yourself get that bad.

Parents are tough, they can handle it. Not always well, but you have to do what's best for you.

I'd ecommend as a first step to talk to your doctor. He/she can advise you from there.

7. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

How can I talk to a doctor without anyone else knowing?

8. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

How old are you? Also what country?

9. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

16, usa.

10. Sefier

Sefier Member

From my experience. I went in with my mother and asked for privacy with the doctor to talk with them. You should be old enough. I was 16 when I first was put on anti-depressants.

You shouldn't hide something like that from your parents however. It's very important you get help asap. If not it could be the end of something wonderful. We all feel useless at times. Even the best get discouraged. you're still young. The best way is to find new friends. Maybe you'll spark something new.

But be careful with who you get close to. Don't open up to soon.

11. Keiran

Keiran Well-Known Member

I'm not very good at making friends. I'm not very talkative so I never have anything to say to people.

And yeah, the one person I told, I knew that I should tell her, and out of coincidence, she attempted suicide a couple years back. Not something I expected from her but I guess on the outside we were both completely different people but once we get deep down into conversation, the truth comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.