i dont have anyone on my side

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by get me out, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. get me out

get me out Active Member

i moved here with my parents 1.5 years ago and i only made 2 friends and they like grand prix cars. today all i said is that i like grand prix but i prefer mustangs, and they been giving me the cold shoulder, and then one guy called me out in front of everyone was like, "well if u like mustangs i dont know why you are hanging out with us."

i came home and told my parents, and my parents are all like "you cant be friends with anyone, why do you screw things up all the time?"

so its always my fault and im all alone in this world. no ones on my side so i should kill myself.

2. Pertokeyo

Pertokeyo Banned Member

This sounds like a silly situation in which you're not to blame at all. A mustang is a car that could be considered a grand prix car in some events, but let them think that their cars are superior to the ones you like because they obviously cannot handle criticism. However it is possible they are being sarcastic, if you feel they are being serious it might be a good idea to ask if they are being serious.

And remember that it's okay to screw things up sometimes. Real friends stick together through all the screw ups because they like who are you. If they don't stick by you then you shouldn't value them so highly because you deserve better.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Well that's stupid for them to dislike you, just because you like Mustangs and they don't. If they were your true friends, they wouldn't care if you have different interests than they do. As far as your parents go, don't worry about that because it really wasn't your fault. Just keep trying to meet new people, you are bound to find friends who share the same interests and won't act rude towards you.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Honestly, I do not see that anything of what you said or did was your fault in any way and, if you will excuse me for saying this, but your parents hold too many negativity over you and your life. It does not matter what preferences someone enjoys, be it the Mustang or a Matchbox Car - to each their own. You cannot change your own personal interests for someone else and you certainly cannot change someone else's opinions about things, so instead of getting upset and down on yourself for what other people say, why can you not simply ignore any negative things people say to you (especially close family and friends) and just let it wash over you, without a second thought as to what anyone says about how they disagree with you?
    I realize that sounds so much like a non-answer, but really, is there any point in dwelling on the negative people say about you, when you can just get out there and enjoy the things that YOU enjoy doing. Go to the Grand Prix or any other car racing event and enjoy it to the fullest, because you are where you are happy and able to appreciate the Mustang and anything else you enjoy about cars and pay no heed to those who disagree with your own preferences.
    Why do you not Dogpile (a search engine much like Google, by my personal choice to use over any other engines) and seek out message boards, forums and the like to meet other like-wise individuals who share you taste in Grand Prix and Mustangs, be they in your own city/suburb or anywhere across the World?
    In my case, I have never much been interested in cars, (my interest in sports is more in the realm of gymnastics, cycling and swimming) although I have watched the odd Bathurst 1000 and do enjoy it a lot of the times, but my flat mate absolutely loves cars to the point of collecting various car models from past races to build and display, and while we have little in common where it comes to sports, we are still great mates - you just have to find a medium, something different that these friends of yours enjoy or, at least, take an interest in, like you do?

5. get me out

get me out Active Member

Thanks guys but no they really are pissed at me and don't want to talk anymore. I got a new mustang gt and since then they ignoring me. They were really rude to me yesterday and made me cry. I'm done within them.

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Then good on you. If those are the people who treat you like crap just from something you adore that they do not, then the hell with them, I say.
    As I said, search the internally, locally and, if you prefer, international community. There is a lot more events each year around the World that bring out the better sights and sounds as the warm rays of the first day of the official Spring season started to bless the land.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.