I don't have enough sense of humor

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by clairedelune, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

I'm a pokerface. I'm a snob. I'm lazy. I practice sloth. I don't find other people's jokes that funny at all. I try hard to make my own self laugh. I often say things which were meant to be laughed at but it would be impossible. I'm often serious with things. I don't know how to carry a group of people, much more a crowd. I shake when I speak.

Is something wrong with me? :lone:
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

You're just a more serious person. You are *probably* quite intelligent; and I've known plenty of very smart people who have zero sense of humor but they were still fun to be around.

Do you have a dry sense of humor? Are you witty at all? Do you understand how to use sarcasm?
    If you do - there's a crowd of people who would love to be friends with you and whom you could have fun with, I'm sure.

You can try doing things you don't like sometimes - if it means you can go out with people you know; so that they can have fun, and you can try to have fun too.
    I think you just need to try and be more open.
    It doesn't mean you have to change drastically; just try to be more personable and people will appreciate the effort you put in to get to know them and be with them.

The more often you hang out with a group of people, the more you will be able to open up and the more comfortable you should feel around them.
    You don't have to be the lift of the party to be part of the party.
  3. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

My sense of humor is not that great either. I laugh a little late than everyone else. It takes a while for me to understand jokes. Be yourself. Don't feel bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.