I don't have enough time or strength to lose my shit

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by helyn, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helyn

helyn New Member

I came across this with hope that I would be able to deal with the trapped anger and loneliness that I can't express to my coworkers or family. I live in a smaller town and am a caregiver with a fairly large presence, so I'm constantly stuck in a place of wanting to lose my shit but afraid it will discredit me or make me seem less reliable because I'm a hot mess.

Lately I've been noticing my judgement with respect to personal choices is bizarre. With social and professional situations I'm more of a non-reactor than ever before. As the first decade of my adulthood (after high school) was spent as a very independent girl chasing a difficult career, I've conditioned myself to pull away from any sort of emotion, especially if anyone bonds to me. Instead I hide behind my facts and science, under the cover of being a nerd (which I actually think is cool but the world hasn't figured out yet).

Right now I've been in the same town for 6 years and I've never done anything for that long. I want to bomb it all and start over again at zero, but my six figure loan prohibits that. I feel like I'm just hanging around for the responsibility towards my patients, and my grandma who I visit in her care home every week.

Is anyone else on here having problems with compassion fatigue and burying every emotion?

2. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I find that a lot of the time I hide or bury my emotions. I struggle to get across what I want to say for fear of being judged or ignored, so instead I just keep it to myself. This site has helped me a great deal in expressing my feelings and emotions, I hope it can do the same for you. You'll find a lot of members here that will understand what you are going through, you can talk about your anger and loneliness here. I hope you find the support you are looking for and make some great friends.

Oh and there is nothing wrong with being a nerd, coolest people on the planet! Geek is the new chic.

Take care and hopefully will see you around the forum and in chat :hug:

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard.

Think finding a Therapist will help you deal with your issue.

I do experience lack of compassion and emotion at times. I am in the mental health field and am burnt out

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I spend my life suppressing anger, my mother is fragile and wouldn't be able to deal and my son has mental health issues which sends him berserk if I even complain.
    Suppressing anger is having a knock effect with both my health and other emotions and I feel dampened down.
    Like you, I sometimes just want to let it out!
    Welcome to the forum, here at least, you can let it go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.