i don't have the strength to go on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shermana55, Jan 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shermana55

shermana55 Active Member

darkness surrounds me at all times, i'm weighed down by so much grief and sadness it takes too much energy to life the sheets off my bed and get up. i've been battling this for 11 years now, and i wonder how much longer i can take this until i decide to give up and leave this life forever. sometimes i just want to find a tall building to jump off of, so i no longer feel this pain, this torment. i don't care what anyone thinks, there are little good people left in this world, no good or warm hearts to carry me along. everyone just pulls me down even farther.
  2. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Been there. What finally worked for me is writing all the grief down everyday until I would start crying.

I cried, and cried and cried almost everyday for over three months. Sometimes I was scared to death of how much uncontrollable sobbing I was doing. I would cry in the car, in the bathroom, at night when everyone was asleep. It was like an all day everyday thing.

There was all this pain... and it was looking for a way to get out.

The pain I had wanted to be seen, and brought up into plain view, and let out.

Finally there was a small light that appeared in me. A small relief. Then I looked around eventually and just felt like everything was ok.

Google "Our Pathway Home - Tool #2: The Path of Tears" that is where I learned to do this.

I was desperate and would try anything to feel better after 30 years of depression. All that crying worked better than any medication or therapy I did in all that time.

Now that all that grief is out I write down small simple things that I appreciate everyday. Good pizza, the sun on my face, a deep breath..
  3. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

you mention lack of good people.....thats easy to cure....become one of them yourself. you probably are already if you recognise those that are not.

get along to a charity group and offer your help. doesnt matter what your skills are they will appreciate the offfer.

then you will find that giving is a superb reward and the energy you will gain from feeling good about yoursekf will be imense.

try it!!!!!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Lots and lots of good people here hun i know life can look so dark but there is goodness in the world hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.