I don't know how much longer I can stand this

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by PoisonS, Jan 19, 2010.

1. PoisonS

PoisonS Well-Known Member

I live alone with my dad. I'm trying to move out and go to college, I want to get out of this fucking house, but I can't get a job and he refuses to help me with buying a car or getting an apartment.

My father is a narcissist. He thinks he's better than everyone, smarter, more talented, that everyone is his inferior. He puts himself before everyone else because he thinks he deserves it. He blames me and my siblings for his failures because he had to "give up his dreams to raise us."

He treats me like complete shit. Mostly because I'm a girl, and he's a chauvanist. He thinks that because he's my father I belong to him and I have to do everything he says.

He's constantly putting me down, making me feel bad about myself, making me feel guilty. He'll make me cry and then go sit down and watch TV like he didn't do anything wrong because he thinks he has the right to do it.

He's trying to get me out of the house so "he can live his own life," and I'm trying, but no one is hiring, what am I supposed to do without money?

And then he goes and calls me lazy and worthless.
    I just want to scream, I'm close to snapping.

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

"give up his dreams to raise us."

to that I would say "You should've kept it in your pants then or put a cap on it. Now take responsibility for your choices.

dont let him treat you like that...you deserve to be respected...

is there a chance that you can work in a city near by? Or get into a shelter? People in a shelter are knowledgeable about work and housing they could help you...

3. PoisonS

I've looked for jobs everywhere. I've looked into everything, there's nothing.

And if I tried to say that to my dad.....Well first of all he wouldn't listen, would come up with some excuse about how he's right and I'm wrong, because he's right about everything.

And he would just yell at me and make me cry or something like. Basically just make me even more miserable than I am.

He thinks I'm an inconvenience.

4. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

If you're under 18 there are ways you can get money from the government. Talk to a child care worker and tell them that your father is mentally abusive and will not help you to leave home...?
    If you're older than 18 there are also ways you can get help-- it's all in talking to social workers, really. < that's if you really are desperate to find a way out, anyways.

My older sister moved out at 15 because she couldn't stand our step-father's mental abuse. The government helped her find a place to live and got her a job to start her off.
    Hope you really can figure something out!

5. PoisonS

I'm turning 19 next month. I'll look into that.

6. KittyGirl

Oh, good! There are also people you can talk to if there's a women's shelter near where you live. They have sheets available for fixed income housing; so if you're on your own without a job- you may be able to get into one of them!

7. PoisonS

Thanks, I'm going to see what I can find.

8. KittyGirl

Hate to say it, but there's alot more support out there for girls when they need it. Lucky for *us* though- if we ever need help we can find it. Sometimes it takes a bit of digging.

...I'll stop spamming now. lol.
    Good luck!