I don't know... how should I put this?... Um... "Hi..." :)

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SkyW, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyW

SkyW Well-Known Member

For obvious reasons, I won't give my full name.. but my first name is Skylar. I'm from around the Seattle area (am I propagating a stereotype?) and the whole reason I've decided to join this thing is to be able to talk about things. Often times, I'm by myself, and very lonely. I am naturally introverted, so I do enjoy some time alone, but sometimes it's scary, too. Sometimes I don't know what I'll do to myself. But hey, I'm trying, that's the reason I decided to join. I'm an artist and professional musician / songwriter (propagating yet another stereotype...) And so much of my work revolves around venting my feelings and frustrations onto a page of lyrics or poetry, and bleeding it into a song. It helps out. To be honest, If I didn't have that, I don't know where I'd be right now. There are reasons we have talents as individuals...So i suppose that's the reason I have mine.
    Honestly, today I'm feeling pretty alright...! I hope I won't have to use this board too often, and I mean that in the best way possible.
    There are a few things I feel people should know right off the bat about me.
    I have been suicidal, frequently and heavily.
    Still, I try my best to keep a positive attitude
    I have serious problems with self harm / self destruction / self doubt / guilt
    Sometime's I feel like I have to carry other's weight besides my own, because I love and care about people so much more than myself.
    Often times, those feelings are not welcome / returned, leading me to feel very down and hard on myself... Which leads me to isolating myself, staying in bed for days at a time, not eating, etc...

Oh! Also, I don't know if this is important... But...
    I'm a dude.
    But in no way am I a 'Bro,' so don't give me that :)
    I try to keep a good sense humor. I don't mean to come off as sarcastic, so I'm really sorry if anything I say seems to rub someone in the wrong direction. I try my best to be a peacemaker, and be the glue that keeps my peers together...!
    Anyways, nice to meet you all. It's been a pleasure introducing myself
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2013
  2. In Limbo

In Limbo Forum Buddy

Nice to meet you Sky - what kind of music?
  3. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum Sky! :)
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hey Skylar, welcome to SF! I hope you can find great help and support here.
  5. SkyW

SkyW Well-Known Member

I write mid - tempo rock songs. Kind of pink flyd / radio head / death cab for cutie, (although not necessarily that good ) .. That type of stuff. Heavily lyrically focused, though
    I really like Elliott smith a lot, too. He's influenced me quite a bit. I'm still just a kid though, so I'm working a lot for very little pay.
  6. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Skylar! :hug:
  7. nolongerknow

nolongerknow Active Member

I can understand that. I am lonely too. Unfortunately the most lonely are usually the most creative.
  8. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.