I don't know how to describe this feeling.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I wasn't exactly sure which section this would go in, but this is probably the most appropriate one, since it's something that seems to confuse me often. Usually I find ways to keep myself occupied, but when I can't find much to do, then I start to feel panicked. Not like a full blown panic attack, but my mind starts to race, and I think of things that I shouldn't. Usually I will find something to do, such as read a book, watch a movie, go outside (except I can't in the middle of the night, like now), go shopping (same reason), etc. But then when I get done doing these things, I start to feel really depressed and empty. Even a few minutes seem to start to feel like hours passing. Obviously I can't keep my mind busy every second of the day, so how do I overcome this feeling? Sorry if this is long and rambling, I'm just trying to find answers to this problem that seems to plague me every once in a while.

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

What I do when this happens to me, is to tell myself that my mind is only doing what minds do..... and that there's nothing unusual about it, and that "I choose to not take any notice of the silly/wrong/absurd things it's suggesting. It's not the real me, and I choose to believe that my peace is still there, only temporarily overcome"......

I do know what you mean, Witty, and I know that talking about it with people who understand really does help - that they can accept you and support you and help you find ways to not be bothered by it any more. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.