I don't know how to end this pain

M4321

I'm in a really bad spot. I've been teetering on the edge for a while now and after some bad news this week I've had an unending feeling of sickness in the pit of my stomach bad enough to the point where I have trouble sleeping and functioning throughout the day. I wish I could end this pain but at this point I'm almost more used to feeling sick to my stomach rather than any sense of satisfaction or relief. I don't know where to go from here or how to cope.

KindaOtiose

Hi. I'm sorry you're going through a tough time right. Have you considered seeking treatment for whatever you are going through - this could be in the form of therapy, medication or support groups. If you feel like any of these could help you, visit your doctor. I hope things can get better for you. Sending hugs *hug10.

M4321

I'm in therapy and have been for years given that I'm on the autism spectrum. Therapy has been helpful but I know it's not the answer to everything. I keep hearing that I just need to be happy but the problem is I don't know how to be happy, it's not like turning on a light switch. Everyday I just get more and more depressed and frustrated and sometimes even people who are trying to help say the wrong thing and it sends me down even further, as evidenced by my previous thread.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Sorry you're going through this. Sometimes talking to family and friends or a therapist isn't enough. Would you try meds?

M4321

I do take meds and they help some, but I made the huge mistake of going off them because I thought I was doing better, I called in a refill this morning so hopefully I'll have them back soon.

M4321

I've been on some form of medication since I was 7 and in all honesty they do help to a degree but I know that medication alone is not going to magically make everything all better and I have to figure out ways on my own to deal with this which is what scares me the most.

Lara_C

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
medication alone is not going to magically make everything all better
That's true, but sometimes it's necessary along with therapy and self help. For those who are seriously ill with th depression, meds are life savers. Nothing can work as quickly as meds in that situation. Id still tell my doc if I were you as they might want to adjust your present prescription.

M4321

That's true, but sometimes it's necessary along with therapy and self help. For those who are seriously ill with th depression, meds are life savers. Nothing can work as quickly as meds in that situation. Id still tell my doc if I were you as they might want to adjust your present prescription.
I'll keep that in mind, I should noted that I've never actually been diagnosed with depression and I've never been depressed to the point where I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning or anything that severe. In fact, despite my issues I still managed to get up early and go running this morning and now I'm doing some work I need to get done so maybe there's something to be said for that.

ManWithProblems

I'm in a really bad spot. I've been teetering on the edge for a while now and after some bad news this week I've had an unending feeling of sickness in the pit of my stomach bad enough to the point where I have trouble sleeping and functioning throughout the day. I wish I could end this pain but at this point I'm almost more used to feeling sick to my stomach rather than any sense of satisfaction or relief. I don't know where to go from here or how to cope.
Have u gone to a doctor,friend?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00