I don't know how to feel better

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Lonely in NY, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonely in NY

Lonely in NY New Member

l spend most of my time alone watching tv or on my computer. No one ever calls or comes over. I go out, usually by myself, and it never feels any better because I'm still alone and come home that way. I have a daughter that lives with me but she is either at school, at work or with her friends. I call people but everyone seems to have friends and a life but me. I don't see any reason to continue living in this pain.

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It's good that you posted. This is how you walk through all of this. My diagnosis is Major Depression Recurrent. Right now I'm "recurrent" and I feel worthless and lifeless. I hate it but I know it will pass.

I do work a simple program, not perfectly but with persistence. I take my meds, eat real food, and keep a simple schedule of what I commit to do all the time, like go to weekly therapy, a knitting group, and to church.

What can you do for yourself to have a simple program that keeps you going?

I hope you feel better. :hug;

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

time to change your routine a bit JOin a group a sport activity the gym even get yourself out okay try new things that you always wanted to try. and yes meds help and therapy exercise all these things help to keep depression at bay.

4. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

i joined a support group, worst mistake i ever made

i know how you feel about feeling alone, but i've found that eventually you realise that you're willing to go on coping with the loneliness just to feel safe; well that's how i feel anyway

5. Live_life

Live_life Member

Hello there, you have so much to offer so don't ever feel that way. Join a charity or help under privelaged people or those with disablilities. Join a gym and take up an interesting hobby. Do something you enjoy doing that will make you feel fulfilled instead os sitting there wathcing TV or browsing internet. It is best to keep your mind occupied with interesting acitivities that will benefit you.

There is so much good that you can do out there but it is just a matter of going out there to the right places and using your energy to help yourself and others. Never give up on life for that is what those thoughts are wanting you to do. Ask of your creator to help you and give you a sign and he will not turn you away because he did the same for me.

If you ever want to talk then please message me for i am here for you as a friend. Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.