I dont know how to stop

Lifeisthis

I've been very self destructive at different points in my life but I would say this last 5 years have been the worst ever.
I'm scared and don't know what to do or stop

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've been very self destructive at different points in my life but I would say this last 5 years have been the worst ever.
I'm scared and don't know what to do or stop
i'm sorry that things are so hard right now. can you tell us what's going on? i hope you can find some joy and peace in your life soon...mike...*hug*shake

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Have you had a lot of trauma the last 5 years or did something change for you? Do you know why things have taken a turn for the worse?

Lifeisthis

I've had alot of health problems these past 5 years and still going on now. 2 years ago I attempted suicide. The health problems caused me to lose my house. Im on my feet now which I'm very lucky but the self destructive thoughts are still there and they really scare me. I was also in out of hospitals for psych reasons because I was so overwhelmed. That too was traumatizing.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I've had alot of health problems these past 5 years and still going on now. 2 years ago I attempted suicide. The health problems caused me to lose my house. Im on my feet now which I'm very lucky but the self destructive thoughts are still there and they really scare me. I was also in out of hospitals for psych reasons because I was so overwhelmed. That too was traumatizing.
try to hang on. you also have us now so you aren't alone...mike...*hug*console*shake

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
I think it stands to reason if things are going well them you're happier than when things are crap. If you have a long line of things going bad that feel like they're keeping you down then you're just unable to really feel happy for long periods. Makes sense right?

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Why does trauma cause self destructive behavior?
Trauma disorientates our thoughts because we keep re-living that trauma over and over again until we find the skills and tools to break those behaviours and patterns. That is exactly how I know once you are taught those skills you'll recover and move on from this more than hard time in your life. Trauma is something a lot of people struggle with, even including myself, recognising going from thoughts-self harm is the first part, the rest will follow. Get a great therapist and work on these issues, it might be a slow process and self consuming but you'll get there in the end if you make the correct decision and reach out for that help and support.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00