I don't know if I can ever be around my sister again because of past incidences

JCC988

While I was still living under my mother's roof, there was one night that happened. I snapped at my mother over something I can't remember. Then while I was trying to sleep my drunk sister stormed into my room and started shouting, screaming, and swearing profoundly at me about it, even going so far as to slam my door. She constantly cut me off while I was trying to speak and every other sentence had the F word in it. My mother begged her to stop to no avail.

Eventually she stopped but that memory is burned into my mind. The next day she gave a half hearted statement about how she was in the wrong but she never actually apologized. I have a feeling that if I tried to leave my room at the time that she would have denied me my exit. If that had happened now and I told her that I was going back to my apartment, I also feel like she would have denied me my exit there too. She's always been an angry person but this really pushed me to my limit. I just can't bring myself to be around her after that. The memory is just too painful.

I'm struggling with something very similar. My sister has always been a very mean person, and the other day she slapped me and that was kinda my last straw with her. My whole life I've taken her abuse because I knew she was just taking her hurt out on me, but I'm so sick of it. She had no right to slap me, and she never even apologized, just acted like nothing happened. Now my family is trying to make amends between us, but it's frustrating me even more because it's like they want me to apologize to her. My dad asked me to bring HER breakfast as a peace offering and I straight up told him no. If anything, she should apologize to me for bullying me and making me feel inadequate my entire life and then slapping me because she is too fucked up to respond like a normal person. No way.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00