I don't know if I can trust her

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoCherie

I'm at my friend's house, and earlier I was bluetoothing music from her phone to mine, when her messages came up. She'd been texting my ex friend and had said how I got my naval pierced because she did, and that I'm manipulative and crazy, and now I'm wondering who she's lying to, me or my ex friend? :/

I'm going to assume you are teenagers and let you in on something I learned in high school; Teenage girls can be the most hurtful people in the world, for no reason other than they are trying very hard to fit in.

I have learned over the years that all of my girlfriends from high school were "frienemies", on again off again besties. No matter how close we all were, if there was a girl in the group that didn't like another girl, she managed to get everyone talking shit about the one she didn't like.

It's need for acceptance, a need to fit in and is a huge cause for depression among the teenage community. The best thing you can do is ignore it. She may be talking behind your back, but it's just because she's trying desperately to fit in. Even the popular girls in school are this way, it does get better, in collage and after. Years from now you will look back on it and laugh.

xoCherie

I'm 18, she's 16, my ex friend is 19.

I never knew what frenemies was, never experianced it...I don't like it. At all.

It hurts that she'd do that, just to become friends with her. I thought she was someone I could tell anything to. After these past few weeks, I've gone from having 10+ friends to having two, one of which is my boyfriend. I don't know if I can handle any more betrayal.

xoCherie

So yeah, turns out I couldn't trust her. She found out I read her messages and started going on about how my ex friend burnt the apology letter I wrote, and that she's a better friend than me, and the whole time I was replying nicely, which really set her off.

The whole time she kept trying to make me angry with my ex friend. The funny thing? I've let my anger go. Because I know me and her won't be mates. As for the other now-ex-friend, I didn't think we could be friends since it was a friendship based on hurt feelings towards the other girl and her boyfriend.

She kept saying how I didn't trust her enough. Of course I didn't. I heard what she said about the other girl. I'm not dumb. Trust is earnt, not freely given.

Another life lesson and experience over. Where's the next one? <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00