I don't know the title..perhaps just 'shit happens!'

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kwad, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Kwad

Kwad New Member

The wife wants divorce, she decided the umpteen years I worked while she did what she wanted and the recent times when I lost my job and now she's working is me using her and I'm a C###. Apparently all ordinary loving couples need to wear fancy clothing and take plenty of foreign holidays and sh#t or it's a load of b#ll#cks. Oh and wives should never have to work, well thats my soon to be ex wifes point of view. Apparently I was a 'good man until the money ran out.
    So I start thinking I shouldn't have married her and wasted 13 years with her, shouldn't have spent any money on or with her, shouldn't have come to Russia, that way I would not be about to leave here 50 years old, homeless, penniless to start life again in a country I'm practically a guest, I am so detached from life in the UK for so long I haven't got a clue. What's that point, I'm going to be on the streets in a matter of weeks, why do I need to suffer that pain. I'm not really looking for an answers, just got no one to speak to here and just wanted to get it out. Shit what a waste of a life, i've been an bl##dy idiot. If anyone ever sees this try and do better, don't fool yourself, the first sign it's b#ll#cks clear off and start afresh before it's too late, you can do it.

2. Cronus

Cronus Member

Hi Kwad and welcome to SF,

That certainly sounds like quite a difficult situation to get through. You are not alone in this and yes, I've seen this exact situation play out before. As you say, you aren't looking for an answer, you just want to let it out. Letting it out and having others just acknowledge what you have been through can be quite a relief (even if it doesn't actually solve the problem). I'm here, I hear you and I agree with you on this one, it was wrong of your soon to be ex-wife to treat you like that! You are so much more valuable as a person than the money you brought in day after day.

Always remember, not everyone is like her. Everyone in the world is different and some of them may be able to help you out in this situation. I know "starting from nothing" at the age of 50 can be quite daunting, but remember, as long as you are still alive you can still shape your future! It's not over yet, put your heart to it and you could retire in 10 years (yes, even starting with nothing but the shirt on your back). Without her now you could get another job, be frugal, save, invest and get your financial situation back on track without her dictating what to do with your money.

I hope you enjoy your time within this community, it is very supportive, friendly and helpful.

Good luck getting back on track and remember, there are always professionals to talk to out there that can help you in times of need :)

3. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hello Kwad, I am Mox

Hello and thank you for joining us at SF. Thank you for sharing your story with us. The more you share the more we can help you. I invite you to read my personal story below in green. Just know you are not alone in your pain and suffering. Everyone here is battling his/her own demons. You are among friends. No one will ever insult you or ridicule you for any reason; that BS is not tolerated here. We will give you emotional support and lots of hugs. If you are feeling like you are going to hurt yourself that you will take yourself to the nearest ER and get the help you need. The help you deserve. We want you to be SAFE. If you are having a bad day or if you are upset do not hesitate to reach out to someone here at SF and we will help you the best way we can.

How can we help you?

Take Care

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi @Kwad and welcome to the forum. We hear you :) Thanks for sharing your story with us. What is your plan of action? Do you have relatives in the UK that could help that are willing to help? Please share more with us and please keep yourself safe, can you see a therapist/doctor/psychiatrist?

5. Kwad

Kwad New Member

6. Kwad

Kwad New Member

Well no I actually don't have anyone to help at all and per your suggestion assuming you were not trying to trigger myself, I would have to register with a state doctor to be referred to a therapist/doctor/psychiatrist but that would require a residential address and I am about to be homeless. If you would indulge me here, why would I want to see such a medical professional, if you read my post with all due respect, then you would understand that I am depressed and empty because me life genuinely sucks and not because of a chemical imbalance or because I am over reacting or not seeing things objectively. If anything it is exactly being objective and seeing things for what they have actually been that makes me feel like seeking peace. It's not a competition many people are much worse off I am sure but for me there is no where to go and nothing to be done, I'll be 50, unemployed and on the streets, no medication is going to improve that. Wow, if they best suggestion is get drugged then there really is no point is there

7. Daniel016

Daniel016 Member

Hey Kwad,

It certainly sounds like a shit storm is heading your way and life certainly has its ways of showing us just how much it loves us sometimes. I read that you have a few weeks before they are planning on putting you out. I would try and use everyone of those days to ensure you have something, anything that would be better then the streets. I do understand the soon to be ex- wife stressors and more or less kicking our self in the ars for wasting years on a someone who screws you in the end. I was fortunate enough to only lose 7 years, but she did leave me pretty well damaged. I will be around if you want the chat. Hoping for good news for you.

8. Kwad

Kwad New Member

Please tell me how and I will? because I can't think of anything and I have tried to think a lot!

9. Daniel016

Daniel016 Member

Hey Kwad,

I would say that advice should be taken as means to be use as a stepping stone that can build into an idea. I am not too familiar with where you live overseas and or if you find work?? I would maybe start by formulating a list of the "whats" you can and have to take care of now to ensure YOUR needs are met. I hope that am I not asking a question that you already answered, but is there jobs available?

"We all ready know what it means to give in, now lets find out what it means to not give up"

Hope to catch up with soon.

Dan...