I don't know what else to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Idontknowwhattoput, Dec 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idontknowwhattoput

Idontknowwhattoput New Member

I hope someone here can help me. I have been having suicidal thoughts for about 6 months now and every little trivial thing in my life just makes me want to go ahead and do it.
    I've always believed that committing suicide is selfish to the people in your life.
    But I'm at a point where I can't keep putting other people's feelings before mine.
    My problems might not even seem that big to everyone else, just family and relationship issues.. Which is why I can't talk to anyone I know. People will just think I'm getting worked up over nothing. Right now I see no reason why I should stay alive and I don't want to feel like this. I want to be happy again.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forums,

I'm wondering have you or are you seeking professional help for the suicidal thoughts? It can be very hard to deal with it alone, I hope talking here has helped you some bit. You are not alone in this battle. There are people who can help. You say you cannot talk to anyone you know, register with a doctor that does not know if possible? I wish you the best.

3. Givinup

Givinup Member

I am in a very similar situation... My problems also wouldn't seem as big to anyone... But just like you I have relationship/family problems... And people been telling me that I will get over it... But I'm not, I can't enjoy life or see anything positive. I have constant pain every day on my chest and heart. And tears in my eyes. It's hard to live like this my friend and I understand you very well, but you are not alone!

4. Idontknowwhattoput

Idontknowwhattoput New Member

Thanks guys. It's nice to know there are people out there that know what I'm going through and will listen to what I have to say.
    I'm on antidepressants but they don't seem to work. I've tried therapy but it didn't help me either, I don't see any other options that can help me

5. disappearhere

disappearhere New Member

I clicked this cause I like how your name is "Idontknowwhattoput" because that is exactly how I felt when I made this account about five minutes ago and in a way feel about suicide - I feel like I don't know what else to do. I feel so conflicted about the selfishness of suicide, because you're totally right - it is awful when you feel like you're in such unbearable pain and you are holding on so that you don't put other people in pain. I don't really know how to help you, but I hope that you know you aren't alone. And I'm not sure why, but I hope you don't commit suicide and I don't and maybe I'll get a response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.