I don't know what is wrong with me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by gerald, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerald

gerald New Member

Hi All, first post.
    Bit of background information - last year I was an unemployed alcoholic and was heading nowhere until I met the most amazing girl.
    She helped me get sorted and I managed to find a job.
    I also have a history of abusing recreational drugs (MDMA, cocaine, speed) although I was never dependant.

Fast forward a year and I've lost it all. I'm still drinking (albeit not every day) and through my idiotic, abusive behaviour my girlfriend has finished me and I have lost the job. It culminated last night with us having a massive physical fight and me smashing up her furniture.

I don't know what to do, I can feel myself spiralling out of control again and need to do something fast before its too late.
    I have been seeking help with the drinking and have been seeing a counsellor but I don't feel that it is working. I think my issues are more deep rooted than just drinking, it is almost as if I have a self destruct button that I press when things start looking good for me.

HELP.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Gerald...I am so sorry you are going through this...i dont know if we really work things out without dealing with them directly...yes, the caring of others can be almost magical, b ut do we find the internal resolutions we need in these situations? I am not sure. Maybe speaking to a counselor and approaching the issues in a more intraspective manner would be helpful...welcome and thanks so much for sharing with us

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is good you recognixe you need to stop this spiral now hun. a councillor is good but how about a therapist one to help you withyur anger your self destruction. Therapist can help you to get back on that path again of being well hun hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.