I don't know what my life is becoming.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by echo_bravo, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo_bravo

echo_bravo Member

These past few weeks have taken all of the strength I had for life away. I should be happy. I just graduated from college and got to celebrate and see all of my family, but instead I am lower than ever. I have started doing drugs and smoking and getting drunk and hooking up with random guys and not being safe and I just don't know what I am doing or why I am doing it. I don't know what to do or where to go from here. I am simply lost and hurting and tired of life.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hun can you talk to someone about what is happening reach out to a councilor at your school or a professor just someone that could help you on a different path. Talking here helps but if you can hun get some help to stop the drug and alcohol abuse ok that step alone will help you hugs to you ok Congratulations on graduating from College hun

3. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

Completing school is a huge change ~ it's very understandable that you're feeling at loose ends (and making some of the choices you are making.) If there's anyone you feel you can talk to, that is safe and understanding, it will help to verbalize what you're thinking, fearing. It can be scary but my experience with counselors has been helpful/good. That first conversation can start very simply - I said to my counselor "I'm here, I guess, because I'm depressed." Then I started to cry ~ he was patient and asked a couple of questions. I was afraid I'd be locked away or something but that was just one of my many fears. Having someone who is there to help you really lifts some of the weight that we feel when we're battling alone. Hang on and keep sharing if you can. Getting any of it out helps. ♥

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.