Anybody else on here have a legit fear of other people or feel like you're so socially inept to the point where you can not communicate with the majority of other people? My mom and social worker came to visit today they were giving me crap about not leaving the house and not working i feel like the lack of communication between me and other people and my situation of isolation is just getting worse and that my family just doesn't understand what i am going through and all the suffering i have gone through what should i do? i don't know what to do anymore.

Hey man, I'm facing my own problems too. From what I read, yours sounds more like a communication and distrust problem between you and family. You need to prove to them that you are capable but slowly getting better. Are you taking care of yourself? And by taking care i mean the standard food, shower, grooming etc. I understand you are anxious about people. What happened by the way? Did someone hurt you?

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I struggle a lot with people. I have a lot of fear, especially with new people and my biological family. Even the friends I trust more than anyone, I sometimes struggle to say what is on my mind. I fear that it won't make sense. I fear that it sounds stupid. I fear they won't understand. My past has taught me this fear. Whatever the cause of it, I understand how hard it is. I have to force myself to interact with people. I have to force myself to work past fear. Your family doesn't understand and they are likely trying to motivate you in a way that is not working. Try taking small steps. It's not easy, I know. You can keep talking to us here.

Anybody else on here have a legit fear of other people or feel like you're so socially inept to the point where you can not communicate with the majority of other people? My mom and social worker came to visit today they were giving me crap about not leaving the house and not working i feel like the lack of communication between me and other people and my situation of isolation is just getting worse and that my family just doesn't understand what i am going through and all the suffering i have gone through what should i do? i don't know what to do anymore.
I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through *hugs* I have bipolar II with psychosis so when I’m like that I am terrified to talk to people on top of my social anxiety and non-existent self-esteem. I have very few friends to begin with and I am always backing out of plans because I can’t bear being around other people I don’t know. Also, like at work, I don’t like fit in for a lack of a better expression. Like I’ll be standing there while my coworkers are talking and stuff but I just feel like I can never relate to what they’re talking about. I don’t know what it’s like to be in a relationship. I don’t know how to socialize or enjoy things or just give a sh*t in general.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00