I don't know what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Zodi, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

I am 40 and I swear I have the mentality of a teenager. I care so much about how others perceive my looks that it makes me miserable. How does one learn to accept what they look like?

A little over a week ago the man whom I think is my soulmate told me he was going to visit his mother and was going to stop and see me on his way home. Thats a good 4 hours out of his way. I told him absolutely not.

I am not happy with the way I look (overweight, not a whale, but not thin either) and I am petrified of rejection. I always have been. I do so want to meet him but I am afraid.

I just don't know what to do.
  2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i am obviously assuming but i am betting that you don't look anywhere near as bad as u might think. you're probably quite the looker and i am sorry that this affects you so strongly. i wish it didn't.

here is how i view this for myself. maybe it could help if practiced enough. i am not a small woman and as far as my looks i consider myself neither good looking nor ugly. the truth of the matter is i am who i am nothing more and nothing less. i am more than a shell. i am an individual, and if someone doesn't like the way i look then they don't have to. it's just that simple.

in either case i really hope this changes for you and i believe it can. it will take practice telling yourself things. because basically you're a salesman to yourself and if you want to get it you will have to practice. it does work.

and btw don't let how u feel about your looks sway you from possibly meeting your soulmate. that isn't fair to you or him.

best of luck and please take care
  3. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

Thanks for the reply.

Funny thing is, he has quite a few issues as well. He thinks he is overweight and he is short for a man. He is a bit over 5'7" and I am 5'11".

That doesn't bother me and I love him for who he is...issues and all. I just don't know why this is so hard for me.
  4. Insignificant

you only live once don't let opportunity pass u by. ok? ok
  5. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

You are going to make me do this, aren't you? :wink:

Well, it blew up in my face. Now he isn't sure if he will stop. I feel worse now than I ever did.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  6. Insignificant

it will work out, and he only said he's not sure that's not a definate no. not yet anyways so don't give up on that just yet. and if it doesn't happen that can be ok to. it can happen another time. have a little faith. you'll be alright

take care
  7. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

No..no more faith. He was so adamant about visiting until he found out I was not a twig.

Just another chapter in the shitty book of life.

Thank god, that book will be closed soon.
  8. Zodi

Zodi Anitiquities Friend

I am just going to forget about it. I would just be better off trusting the only person whom I can..me.