I don't know what to do anymore

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by InThisMoment, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InThisMoment

InThisMoment New Member

I don't know what to do anymore. I am hopeless. I keep failing at everything, at my marriage, at being a mother...I can't do anything right anymore. I try to tell everyone my problems and I get criticized for feeling the way I do. I feel like I'm nothing but a bother to everyone around me. My husband says he's there for me and I try to talk to him and then his solution is that I have mental issues and I seek attention and drama. I try to talk to my family they think I'm crazy. I'm starting to believe everyone...I'm starting to think if I wasn't here I wouldn't be such a burden to everyone. I want to just pass out and die...I want to not be this person that nobody cares about anymore. I just want someone who will talk to me. Listen to me...and not criticize me. :( I don't know what to do anymore.
  2. distress

distress Well-Known Member

I can listen and that is the point of this forum to lay it all on the table, I understand how you feel and I'm sure there are others here that could say the same thing. You're not hopeless and you don't fail at everything, you have a husband and a family that loves you even though sometimes they don't show it the way you want them to, it could be that your husband is guiding you in the right direction to get help. By no means are you a burden. Has anything recently caused to feel this way?
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

therapy might be good for you, and especially some counseling between you and your husband

it sounds to me like your husband has latched on to the idea that anyone with a mental health issue just wants drama and attention. I don't think that that is the case, and I don't think that the right way for him to respond is to not listen to you or to try to dismiss that validity of your condition

I think that he might come around, but it might take hearing it from a therapist to get him to change his mind
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.