I dont know what to do this is triggering me

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by spidy, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

My daughter must be going through hell inside yet she still wont open up.As ive been in her situation yet i was little older i know whats going on.She been crying at the drop of a hat she goes of into another planet every now and then.Its so sad this has had to happen to her.My ex is really upset and dosnt know really how to deal with this.I m getting triggered with my own thoughts yet trying to stay strong but admitally its taking its toll on me too.I dont have many reach out points so i tend to be able to dwell.My daughter broke down today as she made a simple mistake on a mothers day card she was making for her mum and that aint like her.I comforted her and said mum would love it no matter what she went back to finish it.I on the other hand went to a quiet part of yard had a cry cause i know what going on with her.I have even stop this now as im in tears and dont want her to see me upset

2. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

spidy I can hear how much you love your daughter and how upset you are...(with good reason)

what you're doing though is the right thing for her ...being there for her and controlling your anger is good even though it must be so hard for you
    you are a good father and I'm sending you and your daughter :hug: of comfort..
    take care

3. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Thankyou yes lots of anger but i do have to stay in control i know.Very hard though I know my daughter is confused so am I and brings back memories of my abuse.Guess I m just reaching out get my head clear.

4. Brokengirl123

Brokengirl123 Well-Known Member

Spidy I am so sorry this is happening to you and your family. You are such a courageous person dealing with all of this and trying to control your emotions and still being this amazing father who clearly loves his children to absolute pieces. Don't give up okay, and remember that your daughter needs you around right now so I know you are angry and I know from experience what you want to do to this person but whenever you feel that way go find your children or look at their pictures and remember you are no help to them if you do the unthinkable and end up behind bars or worse. We cannot change the past - GOd I wish we could - but the truth is you can only be proactive now in helping her deal through this seriously testing time and looking to the future and how you can help her become a strong courageous person who will suceed in life. You are such a kind spirited and compassionate individual with so much strength inside to keep ploughing on, and my thoughts are with you. I am glad you are coming on here to release your frustration that is the best thing. Keep going and take care of yourself x

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Try to keep reaching out here, make sure you have a place to let everything out so those thoughts and emotions don't get stuck inside your head. :hug:

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Spidy. :hug: Reach out here anytime.

Couple of things ran through my mind...She might not be ready emotionally to talk about it openly yet. (If you feel confused now, and you felt confused when you endured abuse, I would bet she is confused too.) Also, I wonder if it would help her to talk to a child therapist first? The therapist is not family and she might feel less embarrassed and afraid of telling him/her about her feelings and what happened.

Right now, you can help your daughter by being her daddy and getting her life back to as normal as possible. Play, go places, talk about everyday things. I have a feeling that when she's feeling better about her world in general, she'll open up.

Thinking of you both and sending caring thoughts...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.