I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Bigman2232, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

I'm just so tired of trying to do anything because nothing has or even seems likely to work.

I went to a job fair for a new restaurant opening up with 90 positions to fill. I have experience in a kitchen and always enjoy cooking. It was a short interview because they had so many to do but I was told they were impressed and would contact me to set up a time for a second interview. Just got the call and was informed that they were very impressed with my demeanor and what not but that I had actually not been selected for a second interview.

I have been unemployed for over a year now. The jobs I had before that were only for a few months of construction and I got them because my family connection to it. I've only managed to make it this long because my father was legally forced to give me $9000 towards paying my school. Problem is my loan is $35000. So the minimum payments have been coming out every month with half of it just going to cover the interest.

I am now left with a grand total of $67 in my bank account and another $424 is due at the end of the month.

I just can't get a job. I'm constantly applying for jobs that I'm way overqualified for simply because there are no jobs I'm qualified for available in my area and I really need money.

I would love to take so many other paths (internships) and gain experience so that I can apply for the jobs in my field but I have the equivalent of rent to pay every fucking month without it actually giving me shelter or support.

It's a fucking tax for being the first person in my family to go past high school and for being someone who uses their head more than their hands.

I just don't know what to do anymore. I've just wanted to be dead for so long.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry you are struggling so Can you not go back to restaurant and ask them for even a part time position tell them any time even casual you would accept to help you pay off your school debt hugs
  3. Powerpuff

Powerpuff Active Member

I know it must be rough finding a job but trying to find a job is a better choice than not wanting live. I hope you find something soon.

I do know that finding a job is difficult, I have been basically without a job most of my life relying on others for what little I got, I even have to use someone else's computer. The rough part for you is that employers might look at your long time unemployed as a negative thing. I am not the best at giving advise so don't hate me but you gotta some how put your foot in the door at any job and with your brains you should work your way up in whatever company you work for. Hope you get a job and happiness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.