I dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by muzicluv1992, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muzicluv1992

muzicluv1992 New Member

I've struggled with depression and cutting now for over 8 years without anyone ever finding out and this past year everything has just been unbareable. I've had suicidal thoughts before but now its the only thing i can think about. I want to kill myself so bad but at the same time part of me wants to reach out for help. Ive never reached out before so I dont know how to even begin to try and go to someone about this. It gets worse every day and i just dont know what to do.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Muzicluv the first step was coming here good for you reaching out here. next step is to pick up your phone and call your doctor ok make appt and tell your doc how depressed you are and about the self harm and for how long. Your doctor can help you. Also a crisis line can help direct you as well to supports in your community

3. muzicluv1992

muzicluv1992 New Member

Im terrified of going to a doctor because im scared they'll put me in a hospital. The other reason im nervous is because i do still live at home and i know when my mom finds out she's going to lose it completely. She's actually part of the reason i started cutting, she used to be very mentally and emotionally abusive and i know if she found out this is partially from that it would tear her apart and i dont want that. I dont blame her but i know she will blame herself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.