I don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by kmdude344, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kmdude344

kmdude344 New Member

Lately my life hasn't been too good. My family mistreats me and my friends seem to hate me. How should I act to make them like me? Why doesn't anyone like me?

2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear this.

I hope things will improve with your family, and you will learn to like, and love yourself. Don't act, just be yourself.

Be safe.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Be yourself and do not worry about others. The important thing is you are yourself and live for yourself and trying to please others. You are a worthy person and do not think anything different.

4. PezKraft

PezKraft Member

If you feel comfortable sharing, I am wondering why you perceive that your friends seem to hate you?

I ask because if they became your friends in the first place, and you have done no terrible thing against them, then it would seem by default that they would still like you. Is it possible that there is an issue of miscommunication or lack of communication?

We are unable to choose our blood relatives, which can make things feel uncertain at times in that regard. But every friend we ever have in some way and for a reason, chose us entirely of their own free will.

Because we are all so complex and thus unique, there is a vast plethora of possible reasons that they chose you as you chose them, reasons as to why they like and value you. Can you recall some of those reasons? Even something seemingly as trivial as a shared sense of humor, the ability to share a smirk or snicker at the same thing, is actually harder to find than some think. There is a great deal of meaning and value in all of the tiny pieces that compose who you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.