I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lonelyboy89, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonelyboy89

lonelyboy89 New Member

I am new to this, and really I don't know what to say. I have so much pain, and I feel like I have tried so many different things to try and cope, but now this pain is just starting to feel like its becoming too much for me. I just hate my life so much. It is even an effort to type at the moment, all I want is for this pain, and all the thoughts going on inside my head to stop. I just want to make it through this really difficult time, and for everything to get better, but I struggle to see this. This really is so difficult. I wish there was a cure for what I'm going through.

2. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi Lonelyboy, I hear what you are saying, I think the first thing, what your name says speaks loud and clear. I think that you will find most in here can relate to that loneliness, I am sorry that you feel it as well now, I can imagine what some of the other things you feel as well, you are suffering from depression as do most of us in here, it is a hard thing to deal with and most of your peers will not or do not understand it or what you are going through! We are here for you, we are here to let you know you have found a place where you are safe, you will find that people care for you, they will never Judge you and they will help you as they can, we will help you in your struggle as we are able, we will offer you the support that most who come here can not find anywhere else. Please look through the Forum and try to read what information you can relate to, when you feel comfortable try posting your story or share a little about yourself to help others in here understand what you are going through and dealing with. Please do not try doing it alone, we are here ready and willing to share your Struggle in here , you do not have to feel or be alone! We all know some of what you are dealing with in the depressive state that you are now in! You no Longer have to be Alone nor do you have to feel lonely in here!!

2 people like this.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry you find yourself in such pain, but there may well be a cure for it as well, even if you do not see it at the moment. The real truth is there are few things that do not have either a cure or dramatic relief of the symptoms - that could make you feel like you are right now. Whether the answer is in changing things in your environment, getting professional help and support, or simply changing the way you look at things sometimes (and often the real answer is mixed in some combination of all 3), you do not have to keep feeling this way forever. Things can start getting better as soon as today by bits at a time. I am glad you found us here and really hope you try talking here on the forums and/or in chat to some people that understand what you are feeling because we are there or have been there ourselves for the most part. You may get more out of it than you expect from talking to strangers when they really understand and have ideas to share, and just being able to talk makes a difference all by itself for many.

2 people like this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I'm an '89 kid as well (if that is in fact the year you were born) :) How long have you been feeling like this? Talking can help so much, it will lessen the burden you are feeling. I hope talking here to us has given you some relief. Do you suffer from anxiety too? I was feeling really bad this morning but with medications I felt a whole lot better, have you tried or are on meds? Do you think you could benefit from therapy. Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a clear picture of the situation. Hugs to you xx

2 people like this.
  5. lonelyboy89

lonelyboy89 New Member

Hi True-Lee, thank you so much for your kind words, and for taking the time to get back to me. They really meant a lot to me. I understand that there are many in here who are lonely and are also struggling, and so I feel I have come to the right place, to hopefully communicate and share with people who may be going through something similar. But I have so much pain at the moment, that it really is hard to just wake up every morning. I hope I can get through this, but it has been going on for so long, and it is only getting worse. I do suffer from really bad depression, and I have done so for much of my life. I'm not taking medication for it at the moment, as I wanted to try my best to go without it and push myself, but I really think that now I could definitely use it as it may help me through this really difficult time. As well as the depression and anxiety, it is just the thoughts that I have all the time that scare me the most. I struggle to just get up out of bed or see out the day because of them. I am really glad that I have found a place where I can share what I'm going through, and also hopefully listen to and offer some support to others. I will look through the forum a little more as you said. I joined yesterday, and so I am still very new to using the forum, but I will begin to look around it some more. I will post my story too when I feel a little more comfortable, I might try and do so today if I can. I really don't want to try and do this alone, but it is at times like this where I become so apathetic that I just don't know where I can turn to for help. I am just glad that I found this place. Thanks again too for your post, it was great to wake up to.

6. lonelyboy89

lonelyboy89 New Member

Hi, thank you so much for your kind words, they also mean a lot to me. The most frustrating thing for me is that I have tried a lot of different things, and that I am still in this really difficult place, except it is now much worse, and I have to feel how I do everyday as soon as I wake up. I really do wish that their was some cure for how I am feeling, but it is really difficult to believe that at the moment. I'm not sure what kind of treatment or help I could get that may improve how I am feeling, but I do think I need something to help get me through this. I hope I can find some form of relief to what I'm going through. Honestly, I have tried all the things that I hoped would help me. I tried changing my environment, and I am currently receiving professional help for my difficulties, and I just don't think that they are working as much as I wished they would. I'm honestly just scared to be where I am, and of reaching out to some professionals I have seen as I don't know how they might respond to me. I hope I can change this around though, or at least try and make it some way more bearable. I am glad that I found this place, and I will try talking on the forums or in chat, although I don't know where I should start. I guess I'll just try both and see what fits better for me. I do get encouragement form the fact that there are people here who have been somewhere similiar and who may understand how I am feeling. I will try and share and chat and stuff when I'm ready. Thank you again.

4 people like this.
  7. lonelyboy89

lonelyboy89 New Member

Hi, thanks a lot for your message. Yes I wasn't kidding about the year, I am also an '89 kid :) I have been struggling and feeling really depressed for a long time, I'd say I started going for counselling when I was about 19 or 20, and was also on medication for a few years, but in the last 6 or 7 months I went through a really tough time and am still going through it, except it does feel like it is getting much worse, and I really just don't know what to do about it or where to turn. I have tried talking, and I see a therapist once a week, but I honestly am not sure that it is helping. I do feel like I need to talk to someone though, but I just don't know who, or where I should start. Thank you for talking too, it has given me some relief. I do suffer from anxiety also, and I dont take medication for it, or for the depression, although I used to. I'm just scared of medication for some reason. I tried going without, and have been for over a year, but I think that I really may need to start thinking about taking it again. I just feel like I need some form of relief at the moment. It is at times like this though that I just cant see how anything might help me. I wish I could though. And don't be you can ask me away. Thank you and hugs to you too xx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.