I don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by pinkletters, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinkletters

pinkletters New Member

I'm not sure if I am in the right place. I feel overwhelmed by life right now. I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to tell my family or friends. I just feel like, I don't want to die, but that I don't have any other options. It's like, I try to come up with solutions in my head and I can't find one. I just went through years of a bad marriage, a bad divorce, leaving my young child in a foreign country because he was not allowed to leave with me, a new job, not able to lose anymore weight, feelings of guilt, worthlessness, my mom died last month, my child is visiting and my fiancee can't get along with him because all he sees is the child's father, my fiancee is jealous of the child, my child is having trouble adapting to life in the states (he's on a visit till August, then I will only be able to see him in the summer and a few holidays), money is tight. I don't understand. I have always been a bit dysthmic and been treated for panic and depression before. Years of depression following the murder of my best friend. I'm sitting at a point where I just hurt. And I feel like I'm going to lose my son (who essentially I have lost to his father) and I'm going to lose my fiancee. I don't know what to do. I just don't.
  2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi pinkletters, and welcome.
    you've been through so much in the last few years, it's no wonder you are feeling overwhelmed and your thoughts are turning to suicide. your recent losses might be stirring up the feelings around previous losses, and you've had more than most.

if you are not ready to talk to your fiancee about how you feel you can still talk to a professional. you've had some help in the past with depression so you know how it works. talk therapy can go a long way to restoring some balance to your life. you don't have to fight this alone. you have us, and you can build in some other supports when you are ready.
    i've said this before: thinking about suicide is like the red warning light on your car dashboard going off... just means that you need to pay some attention to your emotional wellbeing. until you can get to counselling there's always the suicide hotline! i'm 42 and called them for the first time last month. it was such a relief to talk to someone about how i was feeling and it really took the pressure off.
  3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I'm sorry you are feeling so overwhelmed.

Feel free to pm me if you need someone to talk to

:hug: :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.