i don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by robotindisguise, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have been feeling bad for a while but at the moment it's worse than ever

after waiting for four months for a psychiatric appointment, i finally am seeing someone tomorrow.
    i feel awful at the moment.

yesterday, my boyfriend of nine months and the first love of my life left for the usa to study for the year.
    i feel so unbearably sad again. i am on medication, but frequently take more than i should to sedate me slightly. i just feel so alone
    i know his departure will have exacerbated how i feel, but i really do feel low
  2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Pardon the directness, but NINE MONTHS? What the hell kind of country do you live in?

The loss of, even temporary, of such a very close friend can be devastating, depression or no.

Tell me more of what you had you so down before he left, 'Bot.

3. what does that mean? we were together for nine months?
    i live in the uk..

iv had problems with depression for four years now but only the past year iv been medicated
  4. mainly self esteem
    but other things

id self harmed for years but haven't for a while

i feel so alone
    stood on the tube platform today and felt like i could just fall infront of the oncoming train
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Robot,
    There is nothing wrong with him trying to better himself by attending a new school! I am sure we yanks do things different than you do. You should be happy for him because oppurtunities like that don't come along that often.
    I was a service brat so I had the oppurtunity to live in France, & Germany when I was young. Then when I came of age I joined the Marines and saw Okinawa, and the Phillipines! being able to see other countries is alot of fun. Seeing all the sites is great!!
    Look at him being gone for a while is a good test of time!! You will be able to judge just how strong your relationship is. Try to stay positive. Thinking negative can be like a disease that just eats away at you. Take Care!!!:chopper:!!!
  6. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Oy :eek: Confusion, confusion. I apologize. For some reason I thoght you said, "after [have to wait] nine months [to get] a psychiatric appointment."

I am sorry for that, ok? :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.